The Failure of Gleemax

Cabled

First Post
Ranger REG said:
You mean the folks that gave us Vista and XP Service Pack 3?

Oh, yeah! Good! Very Good!

*smiley placeholder: rolleyes*

Though I am no fan of Vista, there is a large difference between software which does not WORK, and software you do not LIKE. Vista does largely work...which is actually its problem, and a whole other kettle of fish.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Oddly enough, Gleemax is performing exactly how I, and many others, expected it to -- like the 4e "Really, it's going to be an OGL, but it's a GSL, and if you use it don't use the OGL" is performing.

Which is to say, it fails to satisfy on every count.

RC

hong

WotC's bitch
Raven Crowking said:
Oddly enough, Gleemax is performing exactly how I, and many others, expected it to -- like the 4e "Really, it's going to be an OGL, but it's a GSL, and if you use it don't use the OGL" is performing.

Which is to say, it fails to satisfy on every count.

RC
Indeed, Gleemax is 4E's most magical sword.

Orryn Emrys

Explorer
Hmmm... until encountering this thread (well, actual Merric's LiveJournal, but it's the same post...), I thought my difficulties with Gleemax were something of an isolated thing. I just assumed that everything was ticking along normally, and that an official release would eventually hit the web without the bugs and such. As it is, I really never log in over there unless I'm trying to read some content that I can't otherwise get to.

I find myself wondering how much damage this kind of discussion can do to their reputation amongst similiarly-minded folk who might otherwise be unaware of their apparent technical ineptitude. (I, for one, tend to respect Merric's opinion a great deal, for example.) Particularly when one of the major components of our 4E expectations is specifically tied to the company's online presence.

Styracosaurus

Explorer
The loss of hardcopy magazine support for D&D (as a brand) is a tragedy. Slight bumps in content could sway readership. WotC would have been better served to adjust the paper magazine to its needs rather than ditch it for a fairytale.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The Failure of Gleemax?

THE FAILURE OF GLEEMAX!​

THE FAILURE OF GLEEMAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh. There are still days that all, and I mean all, I get are error messages. But I don't have those days as often, since I don't bother as often.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Corsair said:
Speaking as a regular lurker of the CharOp forum as well as an ex-GM for DDO, seeing the interaction between GZ and Autumn recently has been... enlightening.

Wow. I had no idea all that was going on. I'd been posting less and less often to the Wizards boards of late (largely due to dissatisfaction with what I've seen of 4E), but I was extremely miffed with the recent reorganization of the boards that saw the one forum I consistently posted to (Mystara) lumped in with all the other "non-published" worlds- some of whom (like Dark Sun and DL) had enormous amounts of posts- more than FR and Eberron, or at least comparable (Mystara had recently risen to #3 there, as well).

After seeing some of the "behind the scenes" drama... I guess I can't say I'm surprised. Just even more disappointed in WotC.

hong said:
All the BAD programmers in Seattle are ALSO working for Microsoft....
;)

I've seen Vista, and I like it.
But don't trust me, despite being a professional software developer with a university degree and everything, I did never use Linux at home. (I own a Mac, though). And I am developing my software with Microsoft Technology (.NET, Visual Studio).

Oh, and off course I could afford buying a relatively high end PC, so the performance slowdowns are not a problem at home.
Unfortunately, at work I have a Notebook that's a little bit to weak for all the stuff I am doing with it. Though after upgrading to 2 GB (from 512 MB to 1 GB to 2 GB) RAM it works okay.

Unfortunately, I am afraid many of the problems people face with Vista are problems developers not working for Microsoft are responsible for. Ignoring standards and guidelines, building faulty drivers... (Not that a few of these things aren't self-inflicted in the end. If M$ was enforcing its guidelines stronger from the beginning, the transition to 4E Vista would have been a lot smoother)

[/off-topic]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases