D&D 5E The Fall of Blackmoor (OOC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Thanks. Do you think our characters would have met before? Perhaps having agreed to a rendez-vous in the city of Blackmoor?

Shayuri

First Post
Possssssibly. Though the thing that makes the relationship interesting is that Ilshana, my character, is quite afraid of true fey. She believes she may actually be half-fey, not half elf (never met her dad that she remembers), and is always fretting they may come and take her away some day.

So if she knows you're the paw...er...the associate of the true fey, there'd have to be a pretty good reason for her to hang around you. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Here's what I got for mechanics.

Background is pretty simple. Her mom was a simple druidess living in a logging hamlet on the fringes of human civilization. Ilshana and her mother suffered ostracism and persecution from the townsfolk as it was clear her father was not human. When she was old enough, Ilshana left home with a troup of traveling performers after they didn't hold her herigate against her. After spending a few years with this circus, learning trades both illicit and legitimate, she decided to strike out on her own.

Ilshana
Neutral Good Half Elf Bard 1
Background: Charlatan
- False Identity:
- Personality: I live every day like it might be my last.
- Personality: I try to disguise the signs of my half-elf nature as best I can.
- Bond: I think my father is one of the otherworldly fey, not an elf, and worry that he might come to spirit me away!
- Flaw: Boredom is the worst, if I can't find excitement I'll make some!

Str 9
Dex 16
Con 12
Int 10
Wis 11
Cha 17

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4766314/

HP 9
AC 14 (10 + 3 dex +1 armor)
Prof Bonus +2
Init +3
Exp: 0

Race
-------
Half Elf
- +2 Cha, +1 to Con and Dex
- Darkvision
- Adv vs Charm, can't be put to sleep with magic
- Two Skill proficiency
- Bonus language

Class
-------
Bard
Spellcasting
Bardic Inspiration (1d6)

Proficiencies
--------------
Weapons: Simple, hand crossbow, longsword, rapier, shortsword
Armor: Light
Tools: 3 instruments
Saves: Dexterity, Charisma

Feats
------

Skills
-------
- Deception
- Sleight of Hand
- Persuasion
- Performance
- Perception
- Stealth
- Acrobatics

Languages
----------
Common, Elven, Goblin

Spellcasting
Spell attack +5, Difficulty 13

Slots: 1 - 2/2

Spells Known:
0 - Vicious Mockery, Dancing Lights
1 - Faerie Fire, Dissonant Whispers, Sleep, Charm Person

Equipment
-------------
Cash: 15gp

Weapons
--------
Rapier
Dagger

Armor
------
Leather

Gear
-----
Entertainer pack
Fine clothes
Disguise Kit
Musical instrument
Marked cards

JustinCase

Possssssibly. Though the thing that makes the relationship interesting is that Ilshana, my character, is quite afraid of true fey. She believes she may actually be half-fey, not half elf (never met her dad that she remembers), and is always fretting they may come and take her away some day.

So if she knows you're the paw...er...the associate of the true fey, there'd have to be a pretty good reason for her to hang around you. :)
Ooh, that does sound interesting! Nevermind the "we've met before" thing then, we'll have fun meeting in the IC thread. :)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Quick announcement...

For this campaign only, I am going to allow players to choose options from...

Unearthed Arcana - Eberron

Some minor modifications follow...

Warforged are artificially created soldiers produced in significant quantities by the Dragon Empire and used as ground troops during the invasion of Earth 1,000 years ago. Most of them were destroyed during the natural disasters that followed the Shattering, but about 1,000 inactive Warforged were found by Blackmoor in the section of the Dragon Empire capital ship they found a few years ago. Blackmoor's artificers spent years trying to figure out how to activate them and, when they did, they accidentally erased the previous programming put in place by the dragons. As a result, the newly activated Warforged are free-willed and able to develop on their own as sentient beings.

Shifters are the result of experimentation by Blackmoor wizards, attempting to combine humans and animals. Other experiments in this field of resulted in creatures like owlbears, so shifters are usually kept caged and confined. Some have escaped, however, and eke whatever existence they can in the wilds.

Changelings were spies sent to Earth by the Dragon Empire as far back as ancient Egypt, hiding among the populace, influencing world religions and politics to keep humans from advancing culturally and technologically, and reporting back to the dragons on a regular basis. Those that survived the Shattering were abandoned by the dragons and forced to fend for themselves. The race's origins are unknown. A handful dwell in Blackmoor, keeping to themselves or discreetly hiring themselves out as spies and assassins.

Artificers are wizards of Blackmoor who have studied the technology and magic of the crashed Dragon Empire ship. In addition to the abilities presented in the PDF, they can use their Infuse Weapons and Armor ability to recharge laser pistols and rifles with a 2nd level spell slot and antimatter rifles with a 5th level spell slot. Artificers are very rare and very secretive, hoarding their knowledge as a means to ensure their power and influence over the Blackmoor government. New apprentices must endure a, shall we say, unpleasant initiation which will be covered IC if anyone wishes to play an artificer.

We won't be using Action Points or Dragonmarks.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Well, that changes things. Artificer sounds like EXACTLY what I was looking for with my character. Gonna have to get that article downloaded when I'm home and see what I can keep and what I need to do over. Good thing my post with my new character earlier today failed to save to work I guess. Serendipity perhaps.

Would a gnome even be accepted as an apprentice for this, or would it be human only due to Blackmoor politics?

Edit: Or is it possible for a Warforged to be an Artificer? Trying to learn about him/herself?

Last edited:

JustinCase

And now I'm considering turning my human warlock into a changeling... Not completely sure yet.

I expect to have my character finished by Wednesday, regardless.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Well, that changes things. Artificer sounds like EXACTLY what I was looking for with my character. Gonna have to get that article downloaded when I'm home and see what I can keep and what I need to do over. Good thing my post with my new character earlier today failed to save to work I guess. Serendipity perhaps.

Would a gnome even be accepted as an apprentice for this, or would it be human only due to Blackmoor politics?

Edit: Or is it possible for a Warforged to be an Artificer? Trying to learn about him/herself?

A gnome or warforged would work just fine. Despite Blackmoor's humanocentric nature, they are willing to use and abuse anyone and anything that will gain them more power.

Remove ads