The Fall of Plaguestone

Kaodi

Hero
Silvi rubs her eyes once and then perceives all that there is to perceive in the kitchen. The gnome picks up a distinct scent from the porridge bowl, then performs an intense search of the premises, popping up here, there, and everywhere to sniff at various spices, ingredients, and kitchen implements. "That bowl has a distinct smell to it," she says excitedly. "And I am not detecting it from anything else. I was thinking we were going to have to keep our eyes and ears open to solve this case, but maybe it is our nostrils that will be doing the work!"

OOC: Got to love that natural 20, :) . Perception: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Silvi gave the kitchen a thorough going over, but didn’t find anything else unusual in a kitchen setting than the floral scent from Bort’s porridge bowl.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad let the farmer 2 on, taking on any information that seemed pertinent. The last bit seemed curious so he asked for more information about it.

"You say she had a daughter? How and when did she dissapear? And how old was she?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/0800
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

Old Apothecary

The farmer paused to consider. “The girl left around...when was it? Mebbe seven years ago,” he said. “I reckon she was about twenty or so at the time. No one ever had much ta do with her, given her mother’s role in the plague.” He spat on the ground again.

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 12/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Lavina is unfailingly polite, and only offers a few suggested tweaks to the recipes (she'd be no halfling at all if she didn't help make tall'un cooking better.) She thanks them for their time.

Upon leaving, she remarks, "I'll recognize that smell anywhere if I smell it again. Florid. Hmmm. Are there herbalists in this town?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad does his best to hide his frown from the farmer. He could see why a young woman would want to get away from an entire village who'd treated her thus, bot to mention for percieved crimes that were not her own. Still, he wanted to get any more information from the man that he could.

"Twenty years in anything but a full elf would ve considered fully grown. Did she work with her mother? Or have some other profession before she left that you know of?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/0805
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

Feedmill

Delma stood at the back door to the kitchen as Lavina looked around. “Is there anywhere else in the Feedmill you’d like to look?” she asked. “The closest thing to an herbalist we’ve had around here since the plague killed Sylwith the alchemist is my cook Amora and her herb garden, I guess,” she answered Lavina’s question. “Not sure if that’s what you’re looking for.”

Delma shifted a bit. “And there’s the issue of your bill staying here,” she brought up. “You’re more than welcome to continue staying here,” she assured. “But now Bort’s gone...well, I have to make ends meet. The Feedmill’s the only think keeping this town half alive. Normally I charge five silver a day, but I could go as low as two if you all would be willing to help out with some things.”

Old Apothecary

The old farmer shrugged. “Girl was a half elf. I didn’t know her father. Prob’ly killed in the Goblinblood wars. I don’t know how much she learned from her mum. No one would go to her in any case, even if she tried keepin’ up the family business. If ya wanna go inside, just kick in the door, I guess. No one’ll care.”

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 12/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80

Kaodi

Hero
Silvi takes Delma's hand in her own and smiles warmly. "I am more than happy to help. Anyone who gives shelter to travellers is a friend to Lady Desna."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad frowned again at the farmer, this time letting is show a bit more. "I have no doubt that your sentiments are shared by most of the townsfolk. Be aware sir, that Alchemy us not magic, it is a science, one that is barely understood even by the most learned. I should not be surprised to learn that your late apothecary had been working on a cure before she succumbed herself. And to blame one who held no responsibility in the matter as well... I am not surprised that she might feel the need to leave after such treatment."

Galahad was no great speaker. He knew he was likely to anger the man with his words. So he laid the guilt on thick, hoping that some of it might actually stick.

"Good day to you sir, I will see what I can learn from this place."

Ignoring any further protestations, he turned to inspect the building that he'd come to see. Rather than attempting to immediately break in, he opted to check the exterior for any signs of recent use or entrance/exits.

Feel free to make any relevant rolls for me.[/roll]

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"The herb garden would be splendid and I would love to see - and smell - it. And as for paying my way - I would be quite glad to help out, and perhaps even share the occasional halfling family recipe or two."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases