log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Fall of Plaguestone

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"All I know is that it was no natural creature. Your magics did seem to have an effect on it, though physical attacks seemed to be useless."

Galahad takes a short breather but then sets to examining everyone involved. He quickly realizes that Silvi is the most injured and spends some time with his alchemy tools while the party listens to the old man's story before offering her a small tincture.

10 minutes of Treat Wounds activity while we recover.

Treat Wounds (Crafting): 1d20+6 26 2d8 9 CRIT
Heal Crit(bonus): 2d8 10
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I stabbed him in the liver, and he didn't care..." said Hiromi in wonder. "Sir Lawrence, please tell us what you know of where and when this thing first appeared."
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1650
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

Sir Lawrence sniffled and took another drink from his flask. “Talmore and I...we were both crusaders in Lastwall,” he said. “You don’t know what it was like when the Whispering Tyrant swept through! All those hordes of undead! I...I was a coward and fled, leaving Talmore to stand alone. When the battle was over, I found his body and took his holy symbol. He has haunted me ever since.” The drunken man sobbed into his knees.

Find the killer
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Talmore 15

Lavinia 19
Silvi 18
Hiromi 10
Galahad 9

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Lavina AC 20 HP 15/19 Wounded 1

Talmore AC 18 HP 14/20

Party XP: 150
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"I had a dream once," says Silvi softly, "of a world without much in the way of magic or monsters, undead or otherwise, or fantastic realms like the one my ancestors came from. That world seemed a bit dreary and dull to me, but gnomes are made a bit different from the rest of you. Maybe in a place like that without the grasping horrors of the Tyrant you could have been brave. I don't know - I think there was a war of some kind in my dream too, but everyone was human like you."

The gnome pauses for a moment to run one hand over her expertly arranged hair, now becoming just a bit frazzled from the rain. "Do you still have his holy symbol? Have you tried giving it back? I think Talmore is in a dark place now, but that spirit is still the man who was your friend, not the risen servant of some evil power. Maybe if you can be brave one last time, for Talmore, then he will be able to find his rest. We can find you a warm bed to rest tonight and then try tomorrow - Desna has blessings she could gift me if we have to try to banish him the hard way again."
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1655
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

Sir Lawrence sniffed, rain dripping down his nose. “The holy symbol is in my pack,” he said, indicating the hut they had just fled from.

Find the killer
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Talmore 15

Lavinia 19
Silvi 18
Hiromi 10
Galahad 9

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Lavina AC 20 HP 15/19 Wounded 1

Talmore AC 18 HP 14/20

Party XP: 150
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad listens to the story with a grimace of pain on his face. He seems lost in a sort of nightmare of his own for a moment before breaking oht of it.

"I understand the loss you feel. War of any kind has a way of twisting a man's heart in ways he can't expect or prepare for. We'll try again tomorrow. In the meantime, stay away from that place and you will be able to get some real rest."

He was taking the other's beliefs on their word vecause what little evidence they had seemed to support the premise. Once he'd finished with Silvi, he stood up.

"If I hurry, I might yet have time to see the Mayor about my clue. Perhaps it will give us something to work with on the morrow."
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Silvi eagerly takes the tincture from Galahad and brightens up a little as she downs it. "Thank you!" she says before turning her gaze back to the old hut.

"I guess tomorrow is going to be interesting again any way we cut it. If you and one other run ahead to the Mayor's the rest of us can try to catch up after we get Sir Lawrence back to the Feedmill."
 

"The ghost has waited all this time, and can wait a little longer. Perhaps it's best to see the Mayor. And if we return, perhaps bring some holy water just in case it gets touchy again, before we have a chance to ease its spirit."
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1800
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

The Feedmill was still closed down as a crime scene, but the party was able to deposit Sir Lawrence with the rest of the caravan to sleep it off. Then they made their way out to the mayor’s house. It wasn’t too far from the Feedmill itself, and wasn’t a large or ostentatious dwelling. On the porch sat an old man in a wooden wheelchair made from a modified pushcart. The man appeared to be in his eighties.

From the house next door, Delma Fulst emerged, wiping her hands on a cloth. “Oh, hello,” she greeted. “With everything that’s happened at the Feedmill, I’ve got my hands full and haven’t been able to take my father on his walk. Do you think you could push him around town?” she asked.

Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Talmore 15

Lavinia 19
Silvi 18
Hiromi 10
Galahad 9

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Lavina AC 20 HP 15/19 Wounded 1

Talmore AC 18 HP 14/20

Party XP: 150
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Silvi takes one look at the elderly human man sitting in his wheelchair and proclaims, "Alright, big people - you're up!"
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad shakes his head slightly and glances at his companions. "Alas, I've come to look at your town records. I believe that I have an idea in regards to the murder in the feedmill. But I need more informatiin to confirm my suspicions. Who do I talk to to gain access to the records?"
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi sighed and took the back of the wheel-cart. She whispered in the old man's ear, "Let's go have some fun, grandfather. Let me know if you want to go faster."

And she set off down the road at a brisk pace.
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1805
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

"Alas, I've come to look at your town records. I believe that I have an idea in regards to the murder in the feedmill. But I need more information to confirm my suspicions. Who do I talk to to gain access to the records?" Galahad asked.

Delma frowned and scratched her head. “Town records? Well, I guess those are boxed up in the attic,” she mused. “Not much need for town records in Etran’s Folly anymore,” she admitted. “You could look at them while your friends give my father his walk.”

Hiromi and Lavina took charge of Targen and his wheelchair. "Let's go have some fun, grandfather. Let me know if you want to go faster," Hiromi said, setting off briskly down the road.

“You in a hurry to get somewhere, lass?” Targen asked with a chuckle. “Not much to see in Etran’s Folly, but yer all new to town, so I’ll give ya the tour,” the old man said with a toothless smile.

The path led past the Feedmill first, still shuttered up. “Ah, the Feedmill. I opened this place more than fifty years ago,” Targen said. “That was before the Goblinblood Wars, as they’re callin’ it now. Lost my brother in that war, and a whole lot of other relatives beside.” He seemed to grow distant for a moment before saying, “We were blessed to avoid most of the fighting. That was west of here.”

Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Talmore 15

Lavinia 19
Silvi 18
Hiromi 10
Galahad 9

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Lavina AC 20 HP 15/19 Wounded 1

Talmore AC 18 HP 14/20

Party XP: 150
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad nods to Delma and asks her to lead him to the attic. As he's about to climb the ladder up, he conjures up a quick sunrod and strikes it on a wood panel. A moment later he has a light bright enough to search around in the attic without risking a fire. And he sets to work, using the clue he found in Bort's ledgers as a gude on his search.

Intelligence: 1d20+3 7
Intelligence(Hero Point): 1d20+3 20
Used my Hero Point because yeah...
Anyways, Looking for anyone whose name starts with, I think it was an (H?) Particularly if they had any kind of business or practice which might require or involve Reagents. Especially the former apothecary and their daughter.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1810
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

Delma led Galahad up to the attic. She looked around. “Hm. I think these boxes,” she said, nudging a stack of rat-chewed boxes. “And some over there. Sorry. It’s a bit of a mess. We haven’t really needed to do much record keeping since the plague. I’ll bring you up some turnip juice,” she offered, then left him to his business.

Galahad found the search difficult going. What records weren’t turned into rat nests were fairly sparse in the last twenty years. He found several people with names beginning with H, but none that seemed to be in a profession that used reagents. The apothecary had been dead since the plague, and her daughter had left years ago, so none seemed to connect to them, either.

Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor
Clue: Someone with the initial H took deliveries of reagents from Bort.

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Lavinia
Silvi
Hiromi
Galahad

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Lavina AC 20 HP 15/19 Wounded 1

Party XP: 150
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"I remember," says Silvi, "...When a group of Hellknights passed through Brastlewark on the way to fight in the goblins a number of gnomes ended up following along behind them. One of my pa's cousins was in the advanced stages of Bleaching and thought maybe the war, no matter how ugly, was a chance to stave off our affliction. If anyone in our family heard from him again though they didn't tell me."

"But enough of that, wow, the Feedmill is as old as me!" she says, changing her tone and the subject. "What should be look at next?"
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1815
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

The path next came around to the Plaguestone, the hollow pillar and basin of stone that seemed to be the focus of the town.

“The plague ripped through here during the war,” Targon rambled on. “So many died. We would leave food in the basin there, and the plagued ones would drop coins into the hole. We had hard vinegar in there to try and cleans the coins of any plague on them.” He wrapped himself tighter in his cloak against the light rain that fell. “It wa that elven witch Silwyth that brought the plague on us. The gods only know why.” He coughed a bit. “She caught it herself, and in her last pique of fury she cursed our only priest, Father Bolgrist. He caught the plague and died the next week. The witch had a daughter that used to hang around her old home. She ran off or died, don’t know which.” He shrugged his bony shoulders as they continued on.

Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor
Clue: Someone with the initial H took deliveries of reagents from Bort.

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Silvi
Hiromi
Galahad

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17

Party XP: 150
 


Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top