log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Fall of Plaguestone

Kaodi

Adventurer
"Wow, that is awful," says Silvi in a very slightly subdued tone. "Was the rock here before the plague? Was it worked to serve the purpose or was the hole and basin already like that? I suppose we can move on though if you rather not talk about it." With each sentence her voice raises a tick.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1825
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

“We worked the stone,” Targen Fulst said, “and put it here so everyone could have access. Everyone was so afraid at the time. Very distrustful.” He shook his head. “Turn here.” He indicated a path through the north side of town.

“Most of the plague victims were on the north side here,” he said. The houses they passed were in terrible shape. They had obviously not been lived in or maintained in the last twenty years. “Only the poorest and most desperate live on this side of town anymore. Anyone with any coin lives on the south side.”

Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor
Clue: Someone with the initial H took deliveries of reagents from Bort.

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Silvi
Hiromi
Galahad

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17

Party XP: 150
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi turned the push-chair when she was told and gazed sadly upon the ruined houses, imagining children playing in the overgrown yards. It wasn't how she grew up (her mother had dragged her from city to city, getting her to dance in streets, taverns, theatres, and nobles' homes to make their living) but it was how she imagined other childhoods.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1830
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

Targen then directed them out of town and along an old path that wandered through the turnip fields around town. “This is Drunk Shepherd’s Path,” he said. “A lot of these turnip fields were once sheep pastures, but the last large flock left a long time ago,” the old man said. He sighed nostalgically. “Ah the shenanigans we used to get up to out here. It was a good place to take a pretty girl for a walk,” he said, winking at the attractive Hiromi and Silvi. “Used to snog for hours under that willow.”

Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor
Clue: Someone with the initial H took deliveries of reagents from Bort.

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Silvi
Hiromi
Galahad

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17

Party XP: 150
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi took the harmless flirting in stride. When a time seemed right she asked the old man, "Sir, do you know many locals who might sign their name with a prominent 'H'? Perhaps someone wealthy, or at least with private means."
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1835
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

Targen pursed his lips. “My memory ain’t what it used ta be,” he admitted. “Lots of folks’ names begin with H. I don’t get out much anymore, either.”

The Drunk Shepherd’s Path led to an old shrine in the middle of an ancient copse of oak trees. The remains of a small building overgrown were ovegro“This used to be a shrine to Gozreh, back in the day,” Targen said. “Wasn’t always, though. Druids used ta come up here too, way long ago. Don’t know one come up here anymore since Father Bolgren died in the plague.”

Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor
Clue: Someone with the initial H took deliveries of reagents from Bort.

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Silvi
Hiromi
Galahad

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17

Party XP: 150
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"This is neat!" exclaims Silvi, skipping forward to get a closer look at the shrine. "I bet Gozreh stills keeps an eye on this place; a goddess of the elements and wild places surely does not mind a little overgrowth. Maybe it makes it that much more endearing!" The gnome, of course, does not plan on putting a hand on the shrine itself. Though once she has a good sense of the place there is always that overgrown building to investigate. Especially if no one has been up here in a long time...
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1840
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

Targen nodded his head at Silvi’s enthusiasm. “Sure would be nice to have a priest ‘round here again,” the old man said. “Those young folks an’ their godless ways these days. They could use a good hellfire sermon, I’m tellin’ ya! Back in my day…”

Targen’s words were cut off as a buzzing sound came from the tall grass, and four large insect-like creatures with leather bat wings and long, needle-like proboscuses rose from the grass around the shrine, their multifaceted eyes seeming fixed on the three wanderers.

OOC: Silvi and Hiromi go first. The bloodseekers are currently about 1 move from Silvi and 2 moves from Hiromi and Targen.



Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor
Clue: Someone with the initial H took deliveries of reagents from Bort.

Action:
Action:
Action:


Initiative
Silvi
Hiromi
Targen
Galahad

Bloodseekers

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17

Bloodseeker 1 AC 16 HP 6/6
Bloodseeker 2 AC 16 HP 6/6
Bloodseeker 3 AC 16 HP 6/6
Bloodseeker 4 AC 16 HP 6/6

Party XP: 150
 


Kaodi

Adventurer
"Wow, those are nasty looking!" exclaims Silvi as she attempts to knock the sense out of one with her magic before retreating back towards the others.

OOC: Casting daze at the nearest one and then striding.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1840
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 2

Hiromi slashed at one of the bloodsuckers, but it was too quick, buzzing around her sword.

Silvi has a bit of better luck with her magic, striking one of the bloodseekers with a mental jolt. It flutters for a bit, but then rights itself to come after the gnome again.

Targen mutters under his breath and swings at one of the bloodseekers with his cane to little effect.

The bloodseekers rushed in. One grabbed onto Hiromi with its barbed legs. It stabbed its proboscis into her shoulder and started sucking her blood.

[OOC=Hiromi has a bloodseeker [b]attached[/b], takes 7 damage and is drained 2 (-2 status penalty to Con-based rolls like Fort saves, -2 max HP, -2 HP) that will clear after receiving any healing.[/OOC]

The one Silvi had dazed recovered and darted at the gnome, latching on and stabbing her in the arm, starting to suck blood.

[OOC=Silvi has a bloodseeker [b]attached[/b], takes 2 damage, and is drained 1 (-1 status penalty to Con-based rolls like Fort saves, -1 max HP, -1 HP) that will clear after receiving any healing.[/OOC]

The third bloodseeker darted at Hiromi and latched on, stabbing into her thigh to suck her blood.

[OOC=Hiromi has [b]2[/b] bloodseekers attached, takes 4 damage and is drained 3 (-3 status penalty to Con-based rolls like Fort saves, -3 max HP, -3 HP) that will clear after receiving any healing.[/OOC]

The fourth landed on Targan and stabbed the old man in the stomach. Targan shouted obscenities, but slumped unconscious in his wheelchair.


Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor
Clue: Someone with the initial H took deliveries of reagents from Bort.

Bloodseeker 2 Will save: Fail
Will save: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
Targan attacks bloodseeker
Action: Cane attack: 1D20 = [1] = 1
1D6 = [2] = 2

Action: Cane attack: 1D20-5 = [5]-5 = 0
1D6 = [5] = 5

Action: Cane attack: 1D20-10 = [17]-10 = 7
1D6 = [6] = 6

Bloodseeker 1 vs Hiromi
Action: Barbed legs: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
Action: Blood drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [3] = 3
Action: Blood drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [4] = 4
Bloodseeker 2 vs Silvi
Action: Stride to Silvi
Action: Barbed legs
Barbed legs: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
Action: Blood drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [2] = 2
Bloodseeker 3 vs. Hiromi
Action: Stride
Action: Barbed legs
Barbed legs: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
Action: Blood drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [4] = 4
Bloodseeker 4 vs Targan
Action: Barbed legs
Barbed legs: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
Action: Blood drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [2] = 2
Action: Blood drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [4] = 4


Initiative
Silvi
Hiromi
Targen
Galahad

Bloodseekers

Silvi AC 13 HP 15/19(18) (drained 1)
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 3/17(14) (drained 3)
Targan AC 10 HP 0/8 (drained 2, dying 1, wounded 1)

Bloodseeker 1 AC 16 HP 6+4 thp/6 (Hiromi, attached, flat-footed AC 14)
Bloodseeker 2 AC 16 HP 2/6 (Silvi, attached, flat-footed AC 14)
Bloodseeker 3 AC 16 HP 6/6 (Hiromi, attached, flat-footed AC 14)
Bloodseeker 4 AC 16 HP 6/6 (Targan, attached, flat-footed AC 14)

Party XP: 150
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Silvi looks from Hiromi to Targen. The old man was likely to be in worse shape but if Hiromi fell unconscious the little gnome doubted she could fend off these bloodsuckers by herself. "Hold in there, Hiromi!" she says as she makes a motion with her hand, projecting healing energy into the dancer. She then mutters a quick word of a protective spell.

OOC: Casting Heal: 1D8+8 = [1]+8 = 9 and Shield.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Her mother had told her tales of these creatures as a child, to scare her into obedience, and Hiromi had always feared them as a horrible way to die. He was grateful for Silvi's help, but when she tried to say so, it only came out as a yelp. Turning her sword on herself to get at the creatures clutching her seemed difficult, so she drew her dagger in her off-hand and thrust it desperately at the things.

 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1840
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 3

The bloodseekers seemed easier to hit when attached, less mobile, though Hiromi only scored one hit on one of the creatures, though Silvi’s healing was appreciated.

The healing wasn’t quite enough, however, when Hiromi had two of the bloodsuckers attached to her, and felt her body go numb, her vision tunnel down, and the world go black as she collapsed.

The bloodsuckers on Targan flew off, and the old man’s breathing seemed to stabilize, shallow, but still alive.

“Oi! Ye flyin’ leeches!” came a shout, and a dwarf in sturdy farming clothes came running out of the tree line waving a sickle about. He charged up to Silvi and slashed at the bloodseeker stuck to her.

PLAYERS ARE UP!


Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor
Clue: Someone with the initial H took deliveries of reagents from Bort.

Bloodseeker 1 vs Hiromi
Action: Blood Drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [2] = 2
Action: Blood Drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [2] = 2
Action: Blood Drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [3] = 3
Bloodseeker 2 vs Silvi
Action: Blood Drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [4] = 4
Action: Blood Drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [1] = 1
Action: Blood Drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [1] = 1
Bloodseeker 3 vs Hiromi
Action: Blood Drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [4] = 4
Action: Blood Drain
Blood drain: 1D4 = [3] = 3
Action: Fly off
Bloodseeker 4 vs Targen
Action: Fly off
Targan recovery check
Recovery check: 1D20 = [19] = 19
Dwarf vs. Bloodseeker 2
Sickle attack: 1D20 = [15] = 15
1D4 = [4] = 4


Initiative
Silvi
Hiromi
Targen
Galahad

Bloodseekers

Silvi AC 13 HP 9/19(9) (drained 4)
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 0/17 (1) (drained 4, dying 1, wounded 1)
Targan AC 10 HP 0/8 (6) (drained 2, wounded 1)
Dwarf AC 10 HP 10/10

Bloodseeker 1 AC 16 HP 4+3 thp/6 (Hiromi, attached, flat-footed AC 14)
Bloodseeker 2 AC 16 HP 2/6 (Silvi, attached, flat-footed AC 14)
Bloodseeker 3 AC 16 HP 6+4 thp/6 (Flying away)
Bloodseeker 4 AC 16 HP 6/6 (Flying away)

Party XP: 150
 


FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi woke, lying on the ground. Her head was spinning and she grabbed at her fallen dagger and rolled to her feet, hoping that her weight would crush the bloodsucker, but to no avail. Standing, she stabbed at it again, feebly.

OOC: A: Grab Dagger; A2: Stand; A3: Strike Dagger: 1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11 Miss.
Because the roller hates poor Hiromi.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1840
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 4

Hiromi gasped back to consciousness on the ground as Silvi healed her, though she still had those holes in her from the bloodseeker that had flown off, and one that was still attached to her! She rolled to her feet and pulled a dagger, but still couldn’t pierce the bloodseeker.

“Och! ‘old still!” the old dwarf shouted as he slashed at the bloodseeker on Silver, but missed again.

The bloodseeker remaining on Hiromi was surprised when she got up again. It detached, having gotten its fill, and sluggishly flew off after the other two.

The one on Silvi was still sucking down lunch. The gnome felt her world constrict as blackness claimed her.

PLAYERS ARE UP! SILVI NEEDS TO MAKE A FLAT DC 11 ROLL TO TRY AND STABILIZE.


Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor
Clue: Someone with the initial H took deliveries of reagents from Bort.



Initiative
Silvi
Hiromi
Targen
Galahad

Bloodseekers

Silvi AC 13 HP 0/19(0) (drained 7, dying 1, wounded 1)
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 16/17 (wounded 1)
Targan AC 10 HP 0/8 (6) (drained 2, wounded 1)
Dwarf AC 10 HP 10/10

Bloodseeker 1 AC 16 HP 4+3 thp/6 (Flying away)
Bloodseeker 2 AC 16 HP 2/6 (Silvi, attached, flat-footed AC 14)
Bloodseeker 3 AC 16 HP 6+4 thp/6 (Flying away)
Bloodseeker 4 AC 16 HP 6/6 (Flying away)

Party XP: 150
 



KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1850
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

The last blood seeker slid off Silvi and Hiromi’s rapier to lie gushing gnome blood on the grass as Silvi stabilized.

“Och! The bluidy things. Nae matter ‘ow much I chase ‘em off,” the dwarf said, kneeling next to Silvi. He dug out a flask and lifted the unconscious gnome’s head, helping her drink the strong dwarven liquor, until she woke up coughing and choking. “Tha’s a gel,” the old dwarf said. “Ye luik like ye cuild use a wee draught, tae.” He held the flask out to Hiromi, then looked over at Targen, who was snoring in his chair, a bit hole in his shoulder from the blood seeker. He snorted awake soon, too, looking around blearily.

“Hells! If that wasn’t fun!” the old man blustered, then groaned a bit. “Delma ain’t gonna be happy a got a hole in me,” he said with a chuckle.


Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor
Clue: Someone with the initial H took deliveries of reagents from Bort.



Initiative
Silvi
Hiromi
Targen
Galahad

Bloodseekers

Silvi AC 13 HP 1/19(1) (drained 7, wounded 1)
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 16/17 (wounded 1)
Targan AC 10 HP 1/8 (6) (drained 2, wounded 1)
Dwarf AC 10 HP 10/10

Party XP: 150
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top