The Fall of Plaguestone

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"Perhaps I shall ask around for a glassblower, one that makes the particular vial that we've found, or would recognize the handiwork? At this stage, any lead is a good one."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/0820
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

Feedmill (Delma, Silvi, Lavina, Hiromi, Galahad)

Delma gestured toward the stables. “Edra’s probably in the stable. She has a room here at the Feedmill,” she answered Silvi’s question. Then she looked to Lavinia. “There isn’t a glassblower in town. I stock glassware in the store, but if I need some, I order from Bort when he comes through,” she told the halfling. “But there isn’t much call for glassware like that around here. We’re mostly farmers.”

Galahad returned to the Feedmill to find Silvi, Lavina, and Hiromi with Delma by the stable.

Find the killer
  • Question Edra
  • Question Amora

Help Delma out with her father

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 12/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi nodded and said, "Lavina, you can check the herb garden for the correct smells - I will talk to Edra."

And she walked into the stable and spoke to the stablemaster, asking her about her familiarity with Bort, speaking about what happened to him, and trying to get a sense of the woman, their history, and any possible motive. She was kind in her approach - at least at first.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Lavina nods, and departs for the herb garden.

Her cover story, which has the benefit of being true, is that she's a gourmand and interested in rare herbs & spices to expand her culinary repertoire, and has head great things about this place.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
When Galahad returns, he notes that others had been busy at work in the inn he sits down, asking for a bit of lunch and is ready to relay his story to anyone who is working on the case. When shown the vial, he uses his test on it to confirm that it had contained the poison.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Summer/Day 2/0825
Round 0

The Feedmill was closed, so Galahad had to scrape up what bread and cold meats and cheeses and turnips he could for lunch. The others could point out what was safe, for now. As long as he stayed away from the bowl of Bort’s porridge, he was fine.

Lavina poked around the garden. Delma just warned her to be careful, but no one was around the closed inn to protest. She didn’t find any of the sweet smell that she got from the poison. It seemed to be a normal herb and vegetable garden.

Hiromi found Edra inside the stable. The halfling was sitting in a corner working a large wooden pestle in a bucket. She continued working as Hiromi asked her questions about last night.

“Well, I was out here all night taking care of all of your horses,” she said, gesturing to the caravan’s horses that filled the stable. “Lots of them, so a lot of work for one halfling. You can ask Glunda. She was helping me. I heard the commotion when the fight started, and looked out the door. Saw Phinick run off out the back. Trin, too. She was holdin’ her cheek. Looked like there might have been blood. But I didn’t go nowhere near the food and don’t know anything about the poisoning.”

She returned to her work with the pestle before pausing and wiping her brow. “Look. All yer horses got the biting fleas, prob’ly from those mangy wolves you told me about. I got an ointment I’m makin’ up to help them, but I’m going to need about a bushel of rosemary if I’m gonna make enough for all of them. Think you could help me out? I know a spot in the woods where a bunch of rosemary grows, if you could collect a bunch for me.” She told Hiromi how to get to the rosemary bushes.

Find the killer
  • Question Amora

Gather rosemary for Edra

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor
Jewel
Silvi
Lavinia
Galahad
Varen
Hiromi

Silvi AC 13 HP 12/19
Trevor AC 18 HP 20/20
Galahad AC 18 HP 15/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Varen AC 18 HP 20/20
Lavina AC 19 HP 19/19
Jewel AC 16 HP 19/19

Party XP: 80

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Thank you for taking care of the horses. I will do my best to get you your rosemary," Hiromi told Edra sincerely, "But can you also tell me where I can find Phinick, and also perhaps Trin?"

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"Hmf." Disappointed with her lack of leads, Lavina opts to meet up with the others.

She'll try talking to the halfling Edra, should she find her way there in time; try and converse casually, halfling-to-halfling, and get a little information out of her that way.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Summer/Day 2/0830
Round 0

Edra shrugged as Lavina joined them. “Phinick sometimes sleeps here in the barn,” she said. “But he has other places around town. I don’t know where, though,” the halfling admitted. “Trin lives with her brother Marny on a small turnip farm on the southwest side of town,” Edra said, and gave directions on how to find the place. “And thank you. I’d really appreciate the help getting that rosemary for your horses. Any other questions? Or can I get back to work?” she asked, picking up her large wooden pestle.

Find the killer
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Gather rosemary for Edra

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Trevor