The Fall of Plaguestone

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Can we just leave the thing alone?" Mortimer says, moving forward but thinking his rapier will be ineffective against this watery foe. He briefly laments the loss of his dagger, but speed seems more important at this time. Nevertheless, he swiftly stabs at the creature twice.

The water makes his footing insecure, however, and both attacks fail to come close to the serpent.

OOC: A1. Stride (move to melee range)
A2. Strike:
1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11
1D6 = [2] = 2 damage

A3. Strike:
1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3
1D6 = [4] = 4 damage

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi didn't like the idea of getting wet while fighting something that could build up a lightning charge, but she couldn't see any other options. Still tingling from Silvi's healing spell, she jumped into the fray, taking up a position opposite Mortimer and hoping that the thing wouldn't be able to track both of them. She thrust her rapier into its side and then tried to slash it open with her dagger, but the light blades bounced harmlessly along its thick scales.

Kaodi

Hero
Silvi did her best to skip out of the way of the arcing lightning but she was just a little too slow to skirt it completely. Perhaps her shield being wooden offered some protection from the blast, but suffering from blood loss still it left her a bit worse for wear.

The gnome hefted her shield again as she pointed at the snake, attempting to cloud it's mind with a daydream.

Reflex: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22 So close... Raising shield and casting daze.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.

Pak's shield acted as a a conductor for the lighting strike. The smell of burnt feathers wafts through the room. Pak drops to a knee in the dirty water. Touching his chest where the electrical bolt struck the tengu calls on his oracular powers to repair burnt flesh. As the wounds disappear Pak slashes out with his katana hoping to strike the allusive snake.

OOC: Using 2 Actions to cast heal: Heal (V,S): 1d8+8 12
Action 3: Katana strike at Snake.: 1d20+5 18 1d8+2 5. Again not sure If I am flanking with Grimsby. If I am I hit a 20 AC.

Also This round Pak's AC is 16 because I did not raise my shield.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)/Hallod’s home
Summer/Day 3/0955
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 2.2

Mortimer and Hiromi tried to strike the snake and missed, but Grimsby smashed it with his maul. Silvi managed to slightly disorient it with her magic, while Pakuten healed himself from the lightning attack.

Round 3.1

The snake recovered quickly, though, twisting suddenly to strike twice at Grimsby before coiling up.

First hit is a crit (29) for 6 piercing and 6 electricity damage.
Second hit misses.

PLAYERS ARE UP!

Light:
Silvi’s Light spell and Mortimer’s torch

@Leatherhead
@VLAD the Destroyer
@FitzTheRuke
@Kaodi
@JustinCase

SNAKE 27
Grimsby 23
Hiromi 19
Mortimer 16
Silvi 14
Pakuten 6

Silvi (+7) AC 13 DC 17 HP 8/19(13) (drained 6)
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18 HP 16/16
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 13/25
Mortimer (+8) AC 17 HP 16/16

Snake (+8) AC 19 HP 13/27 3 rounds

Find Hallod
Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.

Party XP: 210

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Forgot to add the map.

Attachments

• Snake Cavern R3.png
    Snake Cavern R3.png
    819.4 KB · Views: 70

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Apparantly we're not backing down, Mortimer thinks to himself, so he follows his companions' lead.

When he sees the serpent look his way, Mortimer feints with his rapier to the left, then quickly shifts his stance and instead his weapon stabs right. He follows up with a second jab, this time at its body.

OOC: A1. Feint (Scoundrel means that successful feinting makes the creature flatfooted, and a critical success means it is also flatfooted to allies!)
Deception check versus targets Perception DC: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21

A2. Strike (note that if the serpent is flatfooted against me, Sneak Attack applies)
Rapier attack: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
Damage: 1D6 = [1] = 1
Sneak Attack: 1D6 = [4] = 4

A3. Strike (if the Feint was a critical success, it is still flatfooted for this attack, and Sneak Attack applies. If not, this is just a regular attack)
Rapier attack: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18
Damage: 1D6 = [5] = 5
Sneak Attack: 1D6 = [3] = 3

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"GHAAHH!" Grimsby convulses as the electricity courses through him.

Having regained control of his muscles, the dwarf trades more blows with the beast. His first misses and splashes loudly in the water, however the backswing catches the serpent in it's jaw, causing the snake to bite it's own tongue!

Remove ads