The Fall of Plaguestone

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)/Feedmill
Summer/Day 3/1245
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 0

Noala followed the party inside and removed her wet cloak, hanging it on the rack by the door to dry, then pulled out a chair by a table away from the fire, since it was still hot and muggy, despite the rain. Through it all, one could notice she avoided using her right hand, which was encased in an oddly shaped leather gauntlet.

“These wolves aren’t the first, and I am
afraid they won’t be the last,”
Noala said. “I will need to burn them when the rain stops and things dry out.” She thanked Delma as the innkeeper brought them all a hearty bowl of stew and full mugs of ale.

“A few years ago, a single group of trees started to sicken. That’s turned into unconnected pockets of dead and dying plants. Worse, some animals living in these locations have strange mutations and started to become hostile. I can’t find a cause. The only common element is that the blight started in a grove of very large, very old trees. I tried to report it, but Sheriff Rolth doesn’t find it important enough to bother anyone about.

“Now things are getting worse. The forest itself is turning sour. Plants and trees are withering, bearing bitter fruit that sickens and kills those who eat it. If you’ve been out to the old orchard, you’ve seen it. The blight is growing, and I need your help to stop it.”

@Leatherhead
@VLAD the Destroyer
@FitzTheRuke
@Kaodi
@JustinCase

Silvi
Pakuten
Hiromi
Grimsby
Mortimer

Silvi (+7) AC 13 DC 17 HP 7/19(13) (drained 6)
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18(16) HP 11/16
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 10/25
Mortimer (+8) AC 17 HP 16/16

Silvi: 21 gp, 37 sp, receipts, map

Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
Who is V?

Party XP: 460

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi considered. This seemed like a distraction from the task at hand, but what was left to do beyond identifying the mysterious 'V'? Had they not cleared their names? In addition, she felt that helping out the locals would go a long way toward improving any lingering accusations of wrong-doing.

"Sure, I'm in." she said, "I bet my buddy Grimsby will help too, won'tcha Grims? Silvi? Your cheeks are looking pink again, but maybe you wanna sit this one out?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Mortimer holds on to the receipts and keeps studying them over and over, while half-listening to the elf woman. He knows there is a good case for them, and against both Hallod and the mysterious V. The barrister wants to be absolutely sure he hasn't missed anything.

OOC: Legal Lore: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22

He is amused that their little group has already become a beacon of hope to villagers in need, but on the other hand, the local law enforcement being far from helpful surely makes it easier to call upon friendly strangers.

"Once we have the case ready for trial, I think nothing will prevent us from looking into this," he proclaims.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Summer/Day 3/1250
Round 0

Sheriff Rolth waddled past the table to get another ale. “Yeah, you folks are off the hook,” he told them. “You got me the killer, so I got no need to keep ya.”

“But if you find out who was behind all this, I would be very grateful,”
Tamil put in. “If it’s a matter of compensation, I could probably scrape something together. I have a little bit saved away.”

@Leatherhead
@VLAD the Destroyer
@FitzTheRuke
@Kaodi
@JustinCase

Silvi
Pakuten
Hiromi
Grimsby
Mortimer

Silvi (+7) AC 13 DC 17 HP 13/19

Who is V?
Help Noala investigate the blight.

Kaodi

Hero
Silvi eyes are closed and she is leaning back in the chair, but she manages to take the hand of her larger friend in her own. "Bless you, Hiromi, my dear friend," she says overdramatically. "Should I not perish in the night, drawn away in a dream to my Mistress's side, I am sure this sickness will have broken and I will be most capable to minister to the further woes of this poor, blighted village." Suddenly putting the back of one hand up to her forehead she adds emphatically, "Pray for my recovery."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Oh you poor thing," said Hiromi with only a little mock-sympathy, "Let's see if this place has some nice warm broth and a blanket."

She may have teased a little, but she went about getting those things as best she could.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Summer/Day 3/1255
Round 0

“I would be willing to train you in wilderness survival and ranged combat techniques if you could help me,” Noala told them. “We will leave at first light for the nearest blight, though the bigger ones lie deep in the forest, so pack for a long journey. I thank you sincerely,” the elf told them.

@Leatherhead
@VLAD the Destroyer
@FitzTheRuke
@Kaodi
@JustinCase

Silvi
Pakuten
Hiromi
Grimsby
Mortimer

Silvi (+7) AC 13 DC 17 HP 13/19

Who is V?
Help Noala investigate the blight.

Kaodi

Hero
To Silvi the horse does not seem sufficiently dead and so she flutters her eyelids as if struggling to remain conscious and quietly wails, "But what of Taaalmooooore?"

Remove ads