• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

Arkhandus

First Post
Sleep-Prone Boar

Pyre's spear goes way off-target, snapping a branch on a bush way far to the right of the boar. The flamekin almost hits with his morningstar when he closes the distance, but instead just shaves some hair off the boar with the spiked edges of his morningstar....

Then Metliz invokes the spirits again, and they respond quickly this time, layering fatigue upon the boar and putting it to sleep! From a fierce rage, the boar suddenly staggers and sways, snorts once, then......falls on its side, sound asleep.

Tianulien sighs in relief, setting her bow down and unsheathing the slender blade at her hip. "What do you think we should do with it?" the willowy elf-maiden queries.

[sblock=ooc]Y'know, I coulda *swore* I had attached my map of the boar-fight to the previous round's post. Dangit. Not much point in posting it now, and the battle pretty much ended this round.....

Expeditionary group, I'll post sometime later on Thursday to move things along with you. Looks like I may be less-busy that day (later today, technically, after I get some sleep) so I may post in the middle of the day instead of late at night.

Initiatives/Conditions:
17 Metliz (5 damage)
17 Tianulien
16 Boar (6 damage)
9 Pyre

Pyre only grazes the boar, missing its 16 AC from natural armor and shaving off some hairs with the edge of his morningstar.

Metliz tries another Sleep spell.......and the boar gets a 4 total on its Will save! .......rather anticlimactic for a CR 2 boar that still had plenty of HP and AC......but them's the breaks.

Tianulien sets down her bow and draws her rapier.

The boar sleeps. Pyre and Metliz may take another turn now. If Pyre wants to deliver a coup de grace, the boar gets another terrible roll, for 10 total on its Fortitude save against death from the coup de grace, so it'll die from the hit as long as he doesn't somehow deal 0 damage or less. :-/ [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
"What do you think we should do with it?"

"You all will feast tonight on the beast's flesh... unless it's poisoned or the like." Pyre said solemly, before attempting to finish the beast off himself.

[sblock=OOC]
Coup de Grace on the boar;
1d8+2=3, 1d8+2=9
12 damage total.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Little Stranger, and Metliz's Wounds

Angrboda chases after the little figure that just ran away, followed by Falryn, Forge, and Jaegar. The four caught up with the little stranger as they see it climb a tree and sit on one of the branches outside the group's reach, some 20 feet up. The little figure has rosy cheeks and green eyes, kicking his or her legs back and forth as it sits atop the tree-branch, sticking its tongue out at you.

At the edge of camp, Tianulien sheathes her rapier and says "Well, no need to be cruel. But how do you feel, Metliz? Does it hurt? And what made the.....boar.....attack us? Why'd it run over here....?" She looks to the forest just past the tinder-line Pyre had made for Theris the other day.

[sblock=ooc]Expeditionary Group: As I said in my Heading Back post, you were traveling southward to return to camp. Now you're a little ways to the northeast of camp.

Theroc: No need to make multiple OOC spoiler-blocks in one post.....just include the rolls and such in the same spoiler block.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Theroc: No need to make multiple OOC spoiler-blocks in one post.....just include the rolls and such in the same spoiler block.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
The multiple spoilers is unintentional. For some reason it splits them when I link IC rolls, and I've no inkling why as no coding is added.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda laughs loud and long. For some reason the little being's antics amuse her mightily. And for that reason she feels that it surely doesn't wish them harm though she wasn't so sure at the beginning. She looks up at the being and says, "Well, you have us at your mercy. Now what?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yes it does...." Maltiz sobs rubbing the wound. As she does so, magical energies seems to flow from her hands, closing the wound somehow.

OOC: Using cure minor wounds.

Theroc

First Post
"Well, no need to be cruel. But how do you feel, Metliz? Does it hurt? And what made the.....boar.....attack us? Why'd it run over here....?"

Pyre shook his head. "I do not know. I simply assumed you would need to eat, and that this creature would suffice so that we may remain at camp in case we are assaulted once more." Pyre moved to retrieve his shortspear, frowning at his uselessness in the fray. He needed to learn how better to aid his allies...

"Yes it does...."

"I am sorry my appearance was not sufficient to frighten off the beast... perhaps next time a display of my powers would prove a greater deterrent for such an incident."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads