• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda nods and looks at the elf thoughtfully. "You may have it harder than any of us, then, Falryn. What is 'magic'? I don't think I know. Or maybe my understanding is flawed. What do you mean by 'magic'?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Oh." Angrboda blinks in sudden understanding. "I can do certain things like that but it never occurred to me that it was 'magic'. It only makes sense, though." She muses on the idea as they continue to walk towards home.

Arkhandus

First Post
Angry Boar! Round 2

Pyre sees the boar rush Metliz and wound her, making her ooze some kind of red fluid that something tells him is a meat-creature component called blood. He responds by hurling a javelin at the boar, just before Metliz manages to back up and try another invocation, trying to distract the boar with a flash of light in its face!

However, the boar doesn't seem to mind, and instead rushes to gore Tianulien, as the elf plants another arrow in its hide, a more-direct hit this time. More graceful and nimble than anything Pyre's seen so far, Tianulien dances aside easily as the boar skids to a stop a full arm's length beside her.

[sblock=ooc]Initiatives/Conditions:
17 Metliz (5 damage)
17 Tianulien
16 Boar (6 damage)
9 Pyre

Go ahead and roll your attack, Pyre. Without the Precise Shot feat, you take -4 to-hit for making a ranged attack into melee (since Metliz didn't get the chance to step away until after your turn).

Rolled a 19 total for the boar's Reflex save against Flare, so it avoids being dazzled by Metliz. Metliz backs away a few feet.

Tianulien fires another arrow with a 25 to hit for 4 damage!

The boar changes targets, moving towards and attacking Tianulien for wounding it! .....with a 12 total to-hit, missing the agile elf.

Pyre and Metliz may take their next turns now.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Heading Back

Kaznak is quiet and lost in thought while the group treks back towards their temporary home, Elldar is fidgety and worries about another ambush, while Jaegar remains sore from wolf-inflicted injuries and focuses on staying alert while he marches on. 'I cannot allow another ambush like that....Angrboda cannot be put in that position again....' the giant thinks.

Jaegar comments "We will be safer when we have a proper, defensible shelter on high ground, among the mountains or atop a hill. We can look for ore when we have a fortified home we can work in."

The expeditionary group makes reasonably good time marching back southward towards the main camp today, but as dusk falls they're still several hours' walk away from camp, and everyone is weary. As the group pauses to decide whether or not they should press onward or just finish the trip in the morning, a small humanoid figure steps out of a bush just ahead of the group, giggles, and runs off to the east.... The figure is about the size of Elldar but looks more like a miniature version of Forge or Metliz, with less-distinct features and somehow a 'younger' look that you just can't quite explain..... The small figure wears brown rags and has short brown hair, but takes off too quickly for more of his or her features to be noted.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Metliz backs away a little more, and waves her hand channeling the silvery energies of another sleep spell over the boar.

OOC: Taking 5 feet away and casting Sleep again.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"What was that?" Forge asks reaching for his massive blade.

[sblock=OOC] You said the little creature headed east is that towards camp or away from it? [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Wait! calls Angrboda to the creature. She looks over to Forge then Falryn. "I don't know who that was but I certainly think we should follow and find out." Angrboda starts off to the east moving slowly and calling aloud "Who are you?"

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=Shortspear throw]
1d20=1, 1d6+2=8
Wow... IC hates me at the moment. Worst possible attack, best possible damage. TAKE THAT, DIRT![/sblock]

After missing horribly with his shortspear, Pyre cursed and drew his morningstar, attempting to position himself so that he was next to the boar and away from Tianulien and Metliz. Once in position, he attempts to strike the boar with the spiked club.

[sblock=Actions]
Pyre will attempt to move so that the boar is within melee range of Pyre, but so that Metliz and Tianulien will not be in range if he attempts to use his Nova.

Attack Roll: 1d20+2=14, 1d8+2=4 14 vs AC, 4 damage. Man, IC hates Pyre.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads