The Folly of Man (IC): Part I

Mithreander

Explorer
Findel nods at Garam’s question, not really knowing the answer, but provides what he can.

”Count Rhackorn should not move against you, though he’s picked neither side of the debate. I think he’s of two minds, for when confronted on this issue he had both positive and negative to say… either that, or he does not want to isolate some of his followers since both factions are known to be in his ‘camp’. Once more, I emphasize, I do not think he will hinder you personally. His city-state is in the first stages of development, so is open to all, as long as they are willing to live under his rule and ideals. Besides, you’ll be just within the borders, and may not even see any evidence of his occupation. No, the chances of him opposing you are very slim. Just be aware that his men may or may not be aware of his views in certain matters and act on their own accord, if you happen to meet any.”

Findel then points out, some distance to the south of the dwarven fortress, a dot marked Rhackorn, about 5 leagues away.

”That’s the main settlement, and where his castle is almost complete. To further set your mind at ease, the people know that there is a planned expedition to search for the lost races, but does not know how, when or where it’s being conducted. As far as I know, Lord Rhackorn’s knowledge is no greater, except that a lead had been found already. That information IS secret, so for your own sakes, please show some discretion. Oh, and it’s also believed that Rhackorn does not know of the ruins, themselves.”

Findel had included more information, trying to anticipate their questions, but was ready to receive more, if need be.

Jolmo

First Post
"Good, we shouldn't have to worry much about him then.", Garam responds to the information.

"I think we know what we need to now. Shall we go see if the ship is ready to take us?", he says and looks to the others to see if they have any other questions to ask first.

taitzu52

First Post
Not knowing wether or not he should trust Findel's take on the Count, Thoris nods in agreement to Garam. "Yes, let us make haste. Are there any other provisions that will be provided? Food, mounts? Perhaps we should take advantage of proper timing as to when we cross the Counts borders and make for the fortress. Is there a skilled guide among us?", he says, glancing around the room.

ControlFreak

First Post
Tsoren replies, "I like to think of myself as somewhat of an urban scout, but as for the great outdoors, I'll be following someone with more experience in the wild."

Jolmo

First Post
"I have travelled a lot, and knows my way around in the wild. So I could act as guide if needed.", Garam replies.

"Anyways, I doubt that the count can keep a good watch on some remote hills, five leagues from his castle. If he even considers it within his borders, I'm sure we can pass it without much trouble."

"As for mounts. If we only need to travel for a day on foot between sailing and going into caves, horses will probably be more trouble than relief."

"We should probably bring food that will last for some time though. Let's see, one day there by boat, one day walking to the caves; if we haven't gotten what we're after in four days after getting there, we probably won't get it at all; and then we need to treck back again." Garam voice has gotten low and distant during his planning, but snaps back to normal as he continues. "We should need no more than a weeks worth of food, beside what we eat on the boat."

"The boat, it will be waiting for us there?", he adds to Findel.

Rayex

First Post
"I must admit that I have no skills when it comes to traps, magics or finding my way where I have not been before. This I do know though" the young boy holds up his bow with a proud smile before continuing. "and I know it well. If someone tries to stop us, I will surely stop him first." he finnishes, quite full of himself.

taitzu52

First Post
Rayex said:
"I must admit that I have no skills when it comes to traps, magics or finding my way where I have not been before. This I do know though" the young boy holds up his bow with a proud smile before continuing. "and I know it well. If someone tries to stop us, I will surely stop him first." he finnishes, quite full of himself.

Thoris looks nervously at the bow and then turns his head and looks over his shoulder, as if insuring himself that the rear of his breastplate is in good repair. Seeing that everything is in order, he says, "Well then, let us make haste!"

G

Guest 11456

Gladsy Tarkyne : Female Human Druid 3

The young woman, as if remembering something, speaks up.

"I am familiar with the natural world. I can probably be a fair guide. Besides, if I cannot find it, most likely Ruff can. We can help guide the group."

As she completes her oration, she continues to sit and listen to the others. The big smile on her face is still very evident.

Mithreander

Explorer
THe group gets ready to go after Findel confirms that the boat will be waiting for their return trip. All in all, the trip sounds like it'll be rather simple. Well, at least now a day. In the old days, when trips such as these may result in ending up in some monsters belly, the worst thing that most meet on expeditions anymore was man... though that could be bad enough.

On thier way out, each is handed a bag. IN the bag is a weeks worth of rations, and 20 platnum coins: for expences, it's explained.

THe group heads to the dock and find the ship with a little difficulty. THe ship is very non-descript... more a fishing vessal then anything. Infact, the fishing nets and poles are out so all can see.

The captain greets them on the plank to the deck. "Welcome aboard! Please head down into the hold until we leave the dock. You'd be considered strange to have aboard this boat of mine, and I was told not to attract attention."

OOC: If you buy anything with the 20 Platinum, feel free to, and update your character sheet in the rogues thread with a small note here of what you purchaced. THanks!

Remove ads