• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Forgotten Forge

Vertexx69

First Post
As the swarm comes within range, Thalmarose splays his fingers wide as he mumbles the simple incantation and a cone of bright yellow fire rolls off of the edge of his fan-spread hands. The flames engulf the entire swarm as it trundles up toward the wizard. Burning Hands: (1d4=1) But even as the curtain washes over the beetles he is sure his magic had only the minimum effect as usual. "...That figures." Then he moves back from the swarm before it can engulf him.

Initiative: (1d20+4=22)

greenstar

First Post
OOC The beetles attack C and he takes 4 damage.

Some of the swarm burns to death from the burning hands but most of them attack are still alive and attack C.

Arabesu

Rogarth's readied attack goes off once C is engulfed, unfortunately he probably missed since a torch is an improvised weapon.

OOC 1d20 + 3 - 4 (improvised) = 7

greenstar

First Post
OOC Maybe C could squish the swarm with his hammer.

Rogarth's attack kills some of the swarm but they still attack. They don't look like they like C's adamantine and move to Cole.

Cole takes 1 damage.

renau1g

First Post
Cole Pegason - Human Cleric (Dol Dorn) - 11/12hp

"What the heck are these things, get them off!" Cole will cry out. He'll attempt to try to push as many off of him as he can.

Pinnacle

First Post
(Is the 4 damage before or after C's DR?
granted maneuvers (1d5=5, 1d4=2) Leading the Attack and Vanguard strike)

"I don't know if I can stop them, but with so many how can we miss?" C shouts encouragingly, slamming his hammer into the midst of the swarm and feeling that there is no way these mere insects can stop him.

(OoC: Vanguard Strike (1d20 5=19, 1d8 4=5). If that hits, C heals 2 hp and everyone else gains a +4 bonus on attack rolls against the same enemy)
Granted manuever (1d3=3) Douse the Flames)

greenstar

First Post
OOC Sorry if this is wrong I have dyscalculia which is like math dyslexia and fights can be hard.

C's hits with the hammer kill most of the swarm and the three left get off Cole and run away. They probably won't be back without more beetles.

renau1g

First Post
"It appears I'm in your debt, C. I'd buy you a drink, but well, you don't drink, but thank you for your help." Cole will say while wiping off the splatter that was probably generated by C crushing the beetles with a hammer. "Well, I suppose we should keep moving, I don't want to into any more of those crawlies"

OOC - I was trying to role-play Cole. He probably wouldn't be able to swing his sword while the swarm was enveloping him and so would panic as his martial training appears to be for naught. Also, he probably doesn't know what they are besides beetles, which wouldn't normally attack a person.

Last edited:

Remove ads