• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Four Lands - The Great North Part 2

J. Alexander

First Post
Sizing up the new arrivial and dealing with the death of Anniston, the party is somewhat oblivious to the fact that deSion has had the pavilllion erected until the smells of roasting fowl wafts from the tents interior. As if to meet the party's expecations, deSion apprears at the tents entrance..."If you gentlemen will assit me we will take Anniston to the bath so that he may be properly laid out"

Rhun

First Post
Vadric nods at deSion. Despite his dislike for the man, he appreciated the gesture. And Anniston deserved to receive a proper funeral.

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

Bertrand moves to lend a hand with the fallen priest. "I've had worse," he responds to Vadric. "Don't give up on home just yet."

J. Alexander

First Post
Bertrand, deSion and Vadric take the body of Annistion into the tent. Moving towards the baths they find the tub already drawn and the scent of lavender, spearment, ginger and myrre floats softly up from the water. "It would be wrong of me to do much more than this...it is a task that should be done by close friends or family, I will withdraw until you need me"

J. Alexander

First Post
Jaroth
[sblock]From it's make you theroize that the center crystal like center fuctions like a battery wheras the diamond hilt is the receptacle of pure divine energy. Swords are described like this in the ancient texts but have not been seen in 100 generations as they are part and parcel of some of the oldest magic known..you can embellish from there[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

The usually gruff or garrulous ranger works with surprising tenderness and says little. He does manage to recall utter a few traditional prayers for the dead as he works to prepare Anniston. "Tis a sad business Vadric, I never minded killing when it has to be done, but having to face the lifeless body of a friend...or a loved one, it unmans me." He takes a vial of from his pouch and carefully traces symbols of the light on the chest and forehead in holy water mixed with a few fresh tears.

Canaan

First Post
Jaroth

Vadric glances from the sword to Jaroth. "I've never seen nor heard of such a weapon before," he says to the druid. "Do you know anything of this blade?"

Jaroth studies the blade and furroughs his brow. "It is a very rare blade, indeed. Swords like these have not been chronicled for at least a hundred generations. It is made with very eldritch, primordial magic. My guess is that the crystal houses Anniston's soul and when called upon at the appropriate time, it will be released, empowering the sword through its diamond hilt, a recepticle for pure, divine energy. Clearly, Anniston intended his sacrifice to go further than this little field."

He clasps Vadric's shoulder in an encouraging and sympthatic gesture reserved for brothers in arms who have seen great tragedy together.

Then, turning to Addison, he holds out his hand in a welcoming gesture. "Welcome, friend. I am Jaroth Urkas, a member of an ancient order sworn to protect the Four Lands against the darkness of the Drakkar. It seems we have a common enemy." He smiles politely and gestures toward the tent, however the strain of recent events is clearly evident on his face.

"Won't you join us in a meal?"

J. Alexander

First Post
Jaroth I think you missed this spoiler earlier..

Jaroth
[sblock]Sensing Jaroth's grief and discomfort the two wolf puppies begin to lick and snuggle hard against Jaroth's lean form. As he abesntmindley begins to stroke their fur Jaroth senses a darkness about them..something he has missed before...there is no evil to the darkness simply a blackness about their aura. Then it hit's him, from a book read long ago, he remembers a distant passage "Perhaps the rarest or all wolf forms and currently thought to be extint..a shadow wolf is either born or created by a great tragedy[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads