The Four Lands - The Great North Part 2

J. Alexander

First Post
The party concludes the service for Annsiton with heavy hearts. Placing the final stones on the cairn the party is amazed as it slightly shimmers and is replaced by a mosaic wall of white marble mortered with silver. An inspection of the top shows a large rock crystal pane directly above anniston so that either moonelight or his beloved sunlight always falls upon him.

Leaving the cairn with the party, deSion breifly stops and begins a harsh gutteral incanction that causes a gray circle to form around the tomb. The tomb itself is centerd in a 15 radius of green grash which in turn is encompassed by a 50 radius of sliver grey. "There no living or dead creature may now distribue his tomb. He deserves to sleep unviolated and in peace. I will be ready to leave within the hour. I leave it up to you to choose our course."

Canaan

First Post
Jaroth

"As to our course, as I mentioned before, finding our destination will require a ritual involving all of us. Let us not speak of it until I have warded us all from prying ears and eyes. I will make preparations while DeSion prepares himself."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Vadric, I know it's not a good time after this loss, but we have a moment while casters prepare. I'd like to tell you a story. You have my permission to use any and all means available to you to ascertain the truth of it.

I know you see me as a heretic. But know that I'm behind you, The Light and this quest one hundred percent. It may coincide with my search, but as far as I know, I abandoned it in favor of this one.

Will you hear me out?"

If Vadric agrees, Vorian calls Bertrand, Finnian and even Lady Darkhair to hear the tale.

Rhun

First Post
"I don't know you well enough to consider you a heretic," answers Vadric. "But you do seem to treat well with dubious company." After a moment though, Vadirc nods. "Tell your story."

Neurotic

"I already told you I'm here in search of my mentors killers. This is how it happened:
I was assigned as a squire to Tolgarien knight Justin Oldoak. We ran for two years up and down borders of Borderlands, calming tensions, judging criminals, hunting down occasional humanoid band that came within the borders.

The Knights of Telatium are a non religious order of Knights that hold a series of small but important keeps scattered throughout the unclaimed lands and borderlands.

While on one patrol with a small contingent of the Brotherhood, Sir Oldoak, me and the rest of the party were ambushed by a mixed force of ogiers and orcs. Having achieved surprise the creatures forced us into a shield wall along a small knoll. Closing in on the survivors the attackers soon eliminated all but three, two knights of Telatium and one Brother. Preparing to make their final last stand we stood back to back to meet the on rushing hordes. Just as the came into contact, the attackers themselves were surprised when flight after flight of cloth yard shafts began to fall from the sky impaling the dark masses. During the arrow storm, I was hit through the throat. I witnessed orcish caster taking the body of Sir Oldoak and teleporting out. Warrior of the Brotherhood was cut down just before arrows started flying. Then I lost conciousness.

I woke up after some time to find myself manacled to a small stake but bandaged. It soon became apparent that I've been rescued by elves and was not sure what my fate would be. I was afraid of torture, mind magic and soul being ripped apart. After a period of captivity in which I healed in body I was let go by the only elf I interracted with. He idenitified himself as "Golden sunrises". I never once was asked military question, never felt any magics probing or witnessed any torture. It was about six months before I was let go. In the meantime I learned elven enough to communicate. It also made me think less of them as demons.

After I was released I returned for my knighthood ceremony. By last will of Sir Oldoak I inherited sword of green metal, Oldoak manor and his horse. I still didn't manage to go there."

Vorian stops little wistfuly. He then continues

"Returning to Westgate Keep I was attacked by a troll and defeated it single handedly. I know it doesn't sound as much now, but ten years ago for freightened squire it was quite a feat.

Victorious, I came to the ceremony where I was given knighthood after giving full report about death of Oldoak, elves helping, and let me tell you it earned me some dark stares even among memebers of my own order, my surviving and showing troll head for all the trouble. It also earned me inquisition. And..."

Vorian again stops this time looking at every one of his companions
"...I was cleared of all charges of heresy. Capture wasn't willing, I gave no secrets away and returned clear of curses, sickness or enchantments. And I still wield powers of Light.

Seeking those murderers and tracing them ever northwards I came upon you while you were besieged. The rest of it you know.
I don't want mistrust just because I spoke with that elf. I'm not in league with them or any other force of darkness. We cannot afford it."

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand listens and when the tale is done comments, "A remarkable tale. Few enough men survive a charge of heresy these days. I have witnessed more than one such trial. I suspect that you have powerful patrons moving behind the scenes on your behalf that you may not even be aware of." He pauses, "I for one have no reason to doubt your tale. If it can be done, I would help you find Sir Oldoak's killers. I my younger days I took up such quests often and with considerable success. However, I fear our destinies are guided by larger and darker concerns. Our foremost task should be the book."

OOC: In his travels has Bertrand heard of any orcs with magic so powerful?

Rhun

First Post
"Yes, a remarkable tale," adds Vadric neutrally. "But you would be naive in the extreme if you expect me to disregard The Church's teachings on elves, based on your experience. What reasons they had for healing you and releasing you is anyone's guess...but I'm sure there was some underlying, nefarious goal for them to do so."

"As Bertrand said, there are powers now in motion that are greater then any of us can imagine. And our concern is the book. If you plan to join us in our endeavor to deal with that, then I shall trust you to do all you can toward that end. Remember, thoughl, I am a Knight and Priest of The Light, AND the Church."

Neurotic

"I don't expect you to accept elves as good. I don't either. I just wanted my knowledge of them explained."

OOC: JA might give some extra info based on Knowledge (historY) and Knowledge (Nobility) - everything is in Vorian history on wiki.

Rhun

First Post
Vadric nods and steps closer to Vorian, and holds out his hand. "It seems we have little choice but to work together. Allies, then?"

Remove ads