The GMF campaign setting

themind said:
Or a main island where the nations come to meet and decide things that could be beneficial for the cluster of islands. Sort of like the U.N.
Good idea. Give it a name like the Lord's Isle, and house representatives of all the island nations on it. Could be good for plot hooks too. A rogue admiral or warlord could lay seige to the isle, and threaten to kill all the reps if conditioins aren't met. The island could consist of a single large city, with embassies from all the great nations.

This is of course provided that we actually use the island idea. We still need to hear ideas from other people.

P.S. For inspiration on an idea like this, I'd suggest people pick up the Earthsea series from their local library. They just made a Sci-Fi cahnnel mini-series of it that was terrible, but the novels are quiet good.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
*twitch*
Reminds me of Zelda: Windwaker...*shudders* I hated that tedious travel accross the ocean. Though the idea is cool.

My question is, why limit ourselves? It will take longer, but we could create and entirely new world, with the massive islands as one of the areas. It has alot more potential that way, since you can explore all kinds of different avenues.

ChaosEvoker said:
*twitch*
Reminds me of Zelda: Windwaker...*shudders* I hated that tedious travel accross the ocean. Though the idea is cool.

My question is, why limit ourselves? It will take longer, but we could create and entirely new world, with the massive islands as one of the areas. It has alot more potential that way, since you can explore all kinds of different avenues.
Yeah, now that I think of it, it is kinda' similar. I've only played that game a few times though, since I don't own gamecube. But my inspiration for this was mainly from the Earthsea books. In the Earthsea books, there are no continents that anyone know of. It is a huge ocean, and all the landmasses are thousands of islands of varying size. I'd suggest reading the books, they are quite good and the world is unique.

We could do the thing with a continent, but I was just thinking that the main area could be a bunch of islands. Afterall, most campaign settings have most of the info on one continent. However, good point, why should we limit ourselves? We could have a forest or mountain continent, or something along those lines.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
No, I'm not sayign continent. Why not create and entire WORLD? A planet comprised of many different continents then we could explore all of our ideas and create a fanstic world with unlimited potential.

ChaosEvoker said:
No, I'm not sayign continent. Why not create and entire WORLD? A planet comprised of many different continents then we could explore all of our ideas and create a fanstic world with unlimited potential.
Sure we culd do that. The island thing could always be just one part of the campaign setting.

Now that I think of it, if you want, you could actually take over the process of developing your own continent, with the help of some people. I could work on the islands thing with a few people. Anyone else who has an idea for a continent or other large are could control that. We'd just split into groups of who works on what. Just a thought.

themind

Explorer
That sounds good. I dont really care what area I work with. I am not all that exoerianced in any field of a project such as this. SO where ever you want me is fine. I will learn from there.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
I've made a campaign setting before, and I could use some help themind. Sometimes the rawness of inexperience is wiser and susually simpler than experience. I could use your help.

The question is what kind of continent or part of a continent do we want to make?

Alright, so CE, you'll work with themind? Alright, if thats the case, then you can discuss the individual features of your part of the world. Remember though, all big decisions have to be voted on so we can fit the entire setting together.

I'll work with Mr. GR on the islands idea. We're in the same gaming group, so that's probably easiest.

Anyone else have anything they want to work on?

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
Sounds good to meh, we work well togather... I really am liking the swashbucker fix we created!

But yeh, that sounds great, we can meke a whole world- perfect... ((My old computer had a meltdown, the moniter is broke!!!!!! :( )))))

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases