The GMF campaign setting

Actually, as to pirates, I was thinking of borrowing something from a novel I'm writing (yes, I'm a geek, shutup :cool: ). Its a floating city called Final Harbor. Essentially, pirates are the most widely reviled people in some of the coastal nations (piracy is right up there with homicide in some of there societies), so the pirates created Final Harbor. Basically imagine a floating city of driftwood, complete with everything in any normal city. The difference: it floats on the water similar to a ship (with the additional help of magic). How it works is this: every Autumn all of the pirate ships, needing a place to dock for winter, bring massive amounts of supplies (each ship has its entire hold full of supplies), and they all attach to the city using rope and other tools, making it much larger. They all spend the whole winter adrift (the city is normally anchored in place) on the open ocean, using various types of magic to keep the storms from overwhelming them. When spring arrives, the ships depart, figure out where they are, and map the cities new location. This means that it is almost impossible for them to be found by outsiders, since the location changes every year.
This also meant that, since such a large group of pirate ships merely clumped together would lead to anarchy and destruction in the city, the pirates chose one man to lead them: Governor-Admiral Cyrin Vlade, a ruthless (though he has his own honor code) pirate who had gained prominence among the pirates by destroying three royal naval vessels with only his own ship, the Warhulk. This makes the pirates unified, and makes them that much more dangerous, as they are a nation in their own right...

I could ramble on and on about it (I got plenty of details), but thats what I got for now.

Macrovore

First Post
Screw my previous ideas. My new continent is composed of two countries: One plains/forest nation inhabited by savage humans, shifters, and kangans, a race detailed below (think the Shaar, but with the kangans), and a nation of humans warforged trying to live together with the humans living there. The latter country includes a large city with many artificers, who created the warforged, and recent federal legislation freed all of the warforged from slavery, and now the warforged are experiencing great racism.

What do you think of this race?
They're called the Kangans, a race of kangaroo-like people who have opposable thumbs on their feet.
[sblock]Kangan Racial Traits
-type: monstrous humanoid
-size: medium
-speed: 30ft.
-abilities: +4 dex, -2 cha
-racial HD: A kangan begins with two levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +3.
-racial skills: a kangan's monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5x
92+Int modifier). Class skills are Listen, Balance, Spot, Move Silently, Hide, and Jump. Racial skill modifiers are +1 Listen, +2 Balance and Move Silently, +6 Jump
racial feats: a kangan's monstrous humanoid levels give it one feat. It also gains Two-weapon (or Multiweapon when tailstanding)Fighting as a bonus feat.
racial weapon and armor proficiencies: a kangan is proficient with all simple weapons, as well as kukris, scimitars and shortbows (including composite shortbows). he is also proficient with light armor and with shields (except tower shields)
-tailstand (ex): as a move action that does not provoke an attack of oppertunity, a Kangan can stand on his tail, leaving his feet (which have opposable thumbs, and are considered off-hands during a tailstand, although they cannot be used to cast spells, as they are not quite as articulate as their real hands). If the tailstanding Kangan has the feat Two-weapon Fighting, it becomes Multiweapon Fighting for the duration of the tailstand. Whenever a kangan is tailstanding while wearing armor heavier than light, he applies half the armor's armor check penalty to attack rolls and armor class. Getting down from the tailstand is a move action, and the Kangan cannot move while tailstanding.
-Favored class: Ranger
-Languages: Common, Kangan (elven script).
-Bonus languages: elven, halfling, dwarven, sylvan, gnoll, gnommish, giant
-level adjustment: +1
[/sblock]
I think it's pretty freaking cool. THey make excellent monks, rangers, fighters, and barbarians. They lean towards Chaos and Good, like Elves

Last edited:

Macrovore said:
or, maybe the demon god of conquest?
[sblock]http://www.m90.org/view_image.php?image_id=2766[/sblock]
I've already seen it, I'm the on who frigging gave you that link.

But anyway, this is derailing the thread. Lets get back to the purpose of the thread.

New thing, scrap the voting, for the moment. Everyone is free to put forward proposals of places and nations. Then we'll start voting on them.

Macrovore

First Post
My two nation proposals:

-a vast Sharr-like plains/forest filled with savage humans, shifters (eberron race, kinda half-lycanthrope), maybe wemics (FR monster, pretty much leotaurs), and that kangan race I statted. They pretty much maintain a tribal government, and sometimes band together to fight off marauding bands of reptilian humanoids.

-an urban/industrial area filled with humans and warforged on the brink of civil war. The warforged were recently given their freedom from slavery, and many of the humans in the city are pissed. This area will have lots of artificers, who will have built constructs and machines.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases