The GMF's Greater Ressurection

Nightcloak

First Post
Catavarie said:
So given that one of our test Forums seems to be getting more traffic at this time, namely Forumer. Does that mean that we wish not to use the Aceboard forum any longer? Or do we simply need more time with each of them to make a preliminary decision?

I know I would like to have more traffic on both of the boards before we make any decisions at all but I realize that is not always possible. And although we are all mostly comfortable with VBulletin style boards that EnWorld uses. The cost of such is far too prohibitive at this point in time.

Agreed. On all accounts.

It would be good to get more feed back from the other members before we make a decision.

Maybe it'd be best if we start out by moving everyone to the new boards. No more posting new threads here, just move everyone over. Maintain this place as much as necessary to gain new members, and for already existing threads.

Also, we should stay on the other boards and decide on what we like after a lengthy test before we make the final step and upgrade to something that isn't free. This weekend I'll have plenty of free time, so I'll do some work to pump up the Forumer board.

Nightcloak

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Maybe it'd be best if we start out by moving everyone to the new boards. No more posting new threads here, just move everyone over. Maintain this place as much as necessary to gain new members, and for already existing threads.

Also, we should stay on the other boards and decide on what we like after a lengthy test before we make the final step and upgrade to something that isn't free. This weekend I'll have plenty of free time, so I'll do some work to pump up the Forumer board.

I hope that includes a continuation of the Arbiters.

Catavarie

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:

It would also help to get CE and Xen to both fully move over. Although Xen has signed up on the Forumer board he has yet to post anything, and CE has yet to even sign up. Although I know he has been busy with school and all. But until our, occasionally, fearless leader makes the move it seems difficult to move everyone. Despite the fact that I am totally for it.

Nightcloak

First Post
Catavarie said:
It would also help to get CE and Xen to both fully move over. Although Xen has signed up on the Forumer board he has yet to post anything, and CE has yet to even sign up. Although I know he has been busy with school and all. But until our, occasionally, fearless leader makes the move it seems difficult to move everyone. Despite the fact that I am totally for it.

I'm sure the approaching holiday is making life fun for a lot of people. I'm neglecting sleep right now to cruise the net, so I understand. If we get no feed back by the weekend, however, we may have to prod things along. The last thing we want is to lose some of the momentum we have built in the last week.

NEX!%%

First Post
It seems even with Greater Ressurection we still lose a level. I think one of this foundations primary focuses should be to contact old member. If you will allow me to have an opinion about something I dont know anything about.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
I am not one to order your poinion, sir.

I will attempt to track down the Forumer. However, i hav ebee looking at getting a webspace and then a Forum powered by Invision Boards which I have found through experience to be very high quality.

For now I will post at the Forumer one, my new ideas are partially the reason I asked for teh Council to send me IMs over AIM

Catavarie

First Post
ChaosEvoker said:

I will attempt to track down the Forumer. However, i hav ebee looking at getting a webspace and then a Forum powered by Invision Boards which I have found through experience to be very high quality.

For now I will post at the Forumer one, my new ideas are partially the reason I asked for teh Council to send me IMs over AIM

Ah well I kicked the whole IM thing a long time ago, had too many issues with spyware on nearly every IM client except for ICQ back in the day, and well it seems that next to no one uses ICQ any longer. So I just stopped IMing altogether. Now I'm and EMail/Msg Board kinda guy :)

But I didn't mean to impugn upon what you were trying to do, just wanted to be sure you were aware that there was free of charge PMing available at our test Forums. :)

Nightcloak

First Post
ChaosEvoker said:

I'd give it a wirl if I new what it was :confused:

Seriously. what is this IM. Is it like the PM function for registered users?

- Nightcloak The Tech Challenged

Remove ads