• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Gnoll/Zombie/Illithid Showdown

What is your favorite race of the three choices?

• Gnolls!

Votes: 39 28.7%
  • Zombies!

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Illithids!

Votes: 77 56.6%

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Mind flayers, naturally. They're so dangerous that WOTC has prevented other companies from using them so that they don't hurt themselves.:D

Demiurge out.

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
At first, it was a tough call between the mindflayers and the zombies. Then I realized: Illithids eat brains because they need to survive. Zombies don't need no excuse to crack open your skull and suck on the moist bits; they just do it because that's what zombies do. Definitely zombies. Definitely.

s/LaSH

First Post
Zombies have no festering contempt for you pathetic mortals. Gnolls don't eat your delicious brains (well, not specifically). Illithids it is!

Plus they're so much more powerful at the base level - they are simply better than you are. So some people think elves are the master race? There's a civilisation down below that eats elves for breakfast. Literally.

Siridar

First Post
Voted Gnolls. But only because they seem more template friendly. But I'd really love to see a gnoll-illithid crossbreed.

A Gnillithid?

Illitholl?
Nah. Sounds too much like something that goes into your car.

senodam

First Post
Mmmm, cthuloid...and for those of us who recall 2nd edition- they wear fez! How cool is that?

.....Ok, so it's not very cool..but they are psionic megalomaniacal alien monsters from below..and that is cool.

senodam

First Post
oops..somehow I thought my post would show my vote...silly only recently stopped lurking me...Illithids of course..yumyum.

Felix

Explorer
Long live the forest-shadow lurking hyena-man race of Gnolls!

What would their Genus-species thing be?
Homo lupus?
Canis sapien?

Either way, Gnolls rock!

Psion

Adventurer
Illithids... those creepy psuedo-cthulhoid mental masters.

Gnolls are my choice for surface dwelling marauding humanoid.

Never seen what's so special about zombies that some people think they are so cool. There are so many cooler undead. Gimme liches and vampires... :)

doctorjeff98

First Post
Zombies are my favorite, but vampires run neck and neck for second. I have to admit that most vampire books/movies/etc. are better than the ones with zombies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads