The Gray King

Zurai

First Post
Without even bothering to stand up out of his bedroll, Valerian chants the words to a spell, gathering energies to him and unleashing them upon the marauder.

[sblock=spellcasting in Giant]"Winds of the north, sea of rime, gather to me! Steal the breath, freeze the blood, shatter the heart! Ye foe, bathe in Winter's embrace!"[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Cast winter's embrace (Fort save DC 16 every round for 3 rounds or take 1d8 cold damage) on the marauder.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Oliver, Human Binder

Oliver starts awake from the scream. Seeing trouble arrive he glances to his side trying to decide whether he should stand up or grab his shield. Apparently deciding the former, he wiggles free from his bedroll and stands, his still worn mithral shirt shining in the firelight.

[sblock=ooc]Oliver wears his mithral shirt while he sleeps, it's light armor so there is no penalties in the morning. Plus it makes surviving these situations much easier. ;) Init: +5[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The lizard wakes from sleep and bursts to wakefulness. A wet, acrid sheen suddenly envelopes it and those nearby, surprising some.

[sblock=OOC]The lizard would try to sleep in a high place (on top of a caravan or tree) wearing his light armor (no fatigue) with his spear nearby. It plans on standing, grabbing his spear, while activating his energy shield aura[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Waking quickly from his sleep, Maavnod growls loudly at the abomination and rushes at it to engage in hand to hand. He intends to wrestle the thing to hopefully prevent it from escaping easily. His second pair of spectral arms flex wide as he charges.

ooc: not that he would know it could just jump away when he grabs it. I assume that his default binds, melds, and essentia investments are currently active. If not, I'll have to look up the time it takes to do that.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Valerian utters gutteral words in the Giant tongue, and blows over his fist. Ice and mist appear around the startled marauder, but seem to melt away just as quickly.

With an echoing, chorusing whine that seems to ring eerily off the nearby trees, the marauder blinks from sight, and suddenly reappeares next to Oliver and Yatrax. Biting down at the woman, it rips through the cloth of her sleeve and clamps on her arm, drawing blood. Yatrax utters no sound, but manages to rip herself away from the creature with some difficulty. Oliver, standing next to her, has no weapon to strike against the creature in their midst.

Arrgha'n hurls his throwing scarab at his hated kin-foe, but the sudden shift of the marauder throws off his aim, and the scarab goes screaming into the night.

Irthos leaps into action from the top of one of the wagons, the slick green aura enveloping him and most of his nearby allies, excepting Kurst, who's out of range.

Kurst turns, clutching one arm to his bleeding side, and shouts in pain. Poisonous-looking purple energies gather at his other hand, shot through with painful dark red, and lash across the intervening space at the marauder, scorching its side at the same place where it hit him. The marauder gives another whine, and suddenly you hear shots from the night guards.

"Raiders! Raiders from the woods!" someone shouts, attention suddenly wrenched away from you and back to the forest outside the protection of the wagons. A few random arrow shafts pepper the ground around you, and the defender light torches in front of them to both illuminate the woods and give them a curtain of light to hide behind. Bows are bent on top of the wagons as the Blademark Guild defenders prepare to beat off the raiders.

Yatrax crawls straight back from the marauder and brings one hand down across her face, and the other slashing as if at the marauder. Shadows suddenly seem to gather and bind across its face, and the marauder stands there, dazed and confused.

Oliver grabs his rapier, and with panache of both him and Paimon combined, skewers the marauder neatly in the side. Its strange silvery blood glimmers and gleams in the firelight as it turns a sad, shadowed eye to stare at you.

Maavnod leaps up with a terrible growl, his spectral arms at the ready, and charges across the intervening space, leaping the flames of the campfire. He easily grabs ahold of the dazed marauder and grips it tightly with all four of his arms (two normal and two spectral), ready to rend and tear at the strange blue flesh.

OOC: [sblock]Initiative:
Valerian 22
Ethereal Marauder 19
Arrgha'n 18
Irthos 16
Kurst 14
Other combatants 14 (lower Dex)
Yatrax 9
Oliver 8
Maavnod 5

OOC: Marauder gets a 19 on his Fort save, so Valerian's spell fails. Marauder hits Yatrax with a 19 and does 5 points of damage to her. Oliver had no weapon at hand, so he doesn't get an AoO. Arragha'n gets a 9 to attack the marauder and misses (I guessed you would have liked to use an action point, but I only rolled an additional 3 for you, which brings you up to 12, which still misses. If you'd rather I hadn't used one, go ahead and keep the action point through). Kurst hits at 21 with his touch attack and deals 2 points of damage with his eldritch blast. Yatrax crawls straight back, and then uses her mesmerizing shade mystery. The marauder fails his Will save with only a 9, and is now dazed for two rounds, unable to take actions, but still able to defend himself. Oliver picks up his rapier as a move action that doesn't provoke and AoO and hits with an 18, doing 5 points of damage to the marauder. Maavnod easily moves and hits with a touch attack of 28, and gets a grapple check of 33 to the marauder's 8. The marauder is so totally grappled!

Everyone, don't forget your action points! Let me know when you'd like them used... like if, "I get below a 12 on any attack, spend an action point." Or whatever.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Zurai

First Post
Valerian frowns at the ineffectiveness of his initial attack. "I suppose I'll have to use something more.... material." His voice is dry, dispassionate, as if solving a logic puzzle. Again he begins chanting the words to a spell, still in his bedroll.
[sblock=Spellcasting in Draconic]"A hundred shimmering legs, two dozen frozen claws, eyes of shadow and icy stings! I call, you answer. I order, you obey. I bind you to my service! Come forth, fiends, and relinquish your wills to mine!"[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Casting Summon Monster II to summon 1d3 Icecrown Scorpions (small fiendish scorpions with the Beckon the Frozen and Augment Summoning feats applied). The spell will not complete until the start of Valerian's next initiative. If Valerian takes 15 or more damage (assuming he's even still conscious) he'll spend an Action Point on the Concentration check. If he gets more than one scorpion, he'll summon one adjacent to the marauder and the other(s) in the direction of the raiders.
[sblock=Icecrown Scorpion (small frozen fiendish monstrous scorpion)]
NE small magical beast (Cold)
Initiative: +0
Senses: Spot +4, Listen +0; Darkvision 60’, Low-Light Vision, Tremorsense 60’
Languages: None

AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 14; +1 Size, +3 Natural Armor
Hit Points: 8 (1 HD)
Fortitude +6, Reflex +0, Will +0
Immune cold

Speed 30’
Melee Full Attack 2 claws +2 (1d3+1 plus 1d6 cold) and sting -3 (1d3+1 plus 1d6 cold plus poison) or
Melee claw +3 (1d3+1 plus 1d6 cold)
Base Attack Bonus: +0; Grapple: -3

Abilities Str 13, Dex 10, Con 18, Int 3, Wis 10, Cha 2
Special Qualities: Fiendish Traits, Cold Subtype, Constrict, Improved Grab, Poison
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Skills: Climb +5, Hide +8, Spot +4

Fiendish Traits: Smite Good (+1 damage vs good, 1/day), cold and fire resist 5, SR 6
Cold subtype: immune to cold damage, takes +50% damage from fire
Constrict: deals automatic claw damage on a successful grapple check
Improved Grab: Can initiate a grapple as a free action when it hits a tiny or smaller creature with a claw attack, using Str or Dex to modify the check.
Poison: DC 12, initial and secondary 1d2 Con[/sblock][/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Arrgha'n (Hobgoblin [Half-Daelkyr] Kin-Hunter)

AC: 19; Long Sword (+5 1d8+2, 19-20/×2; +1d6 SA; +2 dmg vs Aberr.)

Arrgha'n will approach the grappled and hopefully stunned marauder and yell to Maavnod "Move its head up and to the side a little and watch your hip" as he approaches and stabs the creature.

"We need to keep the creature stunned or it will keep shifting."

[OOC: No AP. I would not even think of it unless my roll was about 13 or so. I imagine that its AC is 15 - 17 or so.]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Oliver, Human Binder

Oliver bends down and picks up his shield while the creature is currently tight in the ghostly arms grasp. He steps around to the side of the creature opposite his allies, and thrusts his rapier towards the creature's maw. After his thrust he says, "Sounds like there is trouble out there, I'm going to see what is happening!"

Pick up shield as a move action, 5ft step to flanking if necessary and attack as a standard. AC is now 23. Attack(with flanking) is at +10, 1d6 damage. I'll use an AP if I roll lower than a 5. It has no dex now that it's grappled so it should be relatively easy to hit. It the marauder is dead, at my turn, I'll still pick up my shield but I'll then move out to see what is happening outside the wagons. If the opportunity presents itself, I'll use dance of death as I move.

Erekose13

Explorer
With the Marauder stunned and in hand, Maavnod will rend it with as many of his claws as he can spare in the middle of the grapple.

ooc: rend here being just descriptive text.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The kobold stands, trying to get a better view of its surrounding with its glittering eyes.

OOC: Try to get an idea of where everything is.

Remove ads