The Gray King

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Arrgha'n (Half-Daelkyr Kin-Hunter)

"I have seen that reaction before, friends. It is like the very ground is sending its creatures to fight this aberrant disease that has attacked its flesh. Let the worms do their work.

We should take this with us as it may prove of interest to you book folk, or prove useful later on.
"

The hunter moves in and starts to pick up the spike and anything else the worms may not find agreeable to pocket them in a pocket of their own.

Last edited:

Forgefly

First Post
" If you don't mind I think I'd like to hold on to that spike, it reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger right on it." Kurst tears some cloth from the bottom of his robe, making him look that much more disheveled, and holds out a makeshift bag to the hunter to drop the spike in.

"Let's get moving, I suddenly find myself very interested in talking to this Roth, and whomever else is working with him to make these meshes."

[sblock=Action Dependant]
Assuming Arrgha'n delivers the spike into Kurst's charge, Kurst will wrap it up in the cloth and tuck it into a pocket on his backpack, after making sure there is nothing else in that pocket.
[/sblock]

FreeXenon

Arrgha'n, satisfied, hands it over to Kurst.

"You guys can mill around a little bit while I get a head start on this things trail. (+11 Survival)"

He nods and then starts off to follow the gutslug's trail.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Oliver, Human Binder

Oliver stands beside Yatrax and puts his hand on the small of her back. "What do you think of our most recent developments my dear? I am looking forward to finding Roth and seeing what surprises he gives us next time."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yatrax looks across her shoulders at Oliver and gives him a dark smile, her teeth flashing brilliantly.

"I rather think Roth is planning a deeply elaborate revenge, or is intending to retire to the woods to raise kittens as blood-sucking monsters. It seems that either would be equally possible at this point," she murmurs.

As Arrgha'n picks up the trail, the green faerie creatures give you a salute before they and the dragon melt back into the underbrush. Heading further westward, the party finds the trail slithering on and on, into the rising foothills of the Shadowcrag Mountains. It takes almost five days before the cold trail seems to be coming near an end. Perhaps not so coincidentally, it seems to be near the trail you must start to ascend to get into the Labyrinth that cuts through the peaks.

Definitely not coincidental to Oliver are the mostly complete seals he finds scratched into the dirt with gorgeous precision.

96060.jpg

And certainly the trio of long-limbed creatures dancing out of the shadows of the hills and leaping your way are in no way coincidental!

96070.jpg

EvolutionKB

First Post
Oliver, Human Binder

Being careful not to disturb the seal in the dirt, Oliver moves, subtlely at first then rapidly begins to dance, rapier fully drawn. He does his best to indicate through dance that they are not hostile and treats the creatures as equals during the dance. As Oliver comes to a stop in front of the creatures, he lets the sign of his binding with Paimon show itself, as one side of his mouth droops with spittle. "We come chasing our quarry, we mean no harm. We shall not linger, for our quarry is evasive."

Diplomacy +10 Perform (dance) +6

FreeXenon

Arrgha'n carefully moves into a pseudo-flanking position to be able to attack if these creatures decide to not play nice with Oliver.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Irthos sneers at the new comers, a sense of anticipation in the air.

OOC: Senses aura (bonus to Init, etc, etc.)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The three dancing creatures whirl around in an elegant display of death, their purpose, for an instant, clearly to kill. But when Oliver steps forward in his own mirroring poses and turns, they hesitate.

Never for a second do they stop moving, but they move more slowly, criss-crossing in front and behind each other, their movements becoming more agitated as Oliver speaks.

When Arrgha'n moves up to possibly help flank, and Irthos bares his teeth, the movements become much more frantic. And when Yatrax gasps in some kind of recognition, the dancing figures flow to attack!

Leaping between Oliver and Arrgha'n, the three dancing figures lash out at them both, though only one draws blood from a cut across Oliver's chest. Their movements are graceful, but also very swift, almost panicked, as they whirl and sweep and slash.

OOC: One hits Oliver for 4 points of damage.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Oliver, Human Binder 22/26 hp AC 25

"Fools! You defy Paimon's will!"

Oliver does his best to dance around the creatures spinning and flowing easily by as his blade seeks to find holes in their defenses.

OOC: I'll use combat expertise(AC 25) and either Whirlwind attack(+6, 1d6 damage, if I can hit all 3), or use my dance of death(+6, 1d6 if I have to move tumbling as necessary)

Remove ads