The Great Breach Has Been Repelled!

Jupp

Explorer
Nowadays usually there are two main reasons for this:

1. The did it because they can (makes no sense to those not involved but it happens all the time)
2. They did it because someone bought/paid them to do it
2a. Because someone wants a site going out of business, at least for some time, better forever
2b. Someone is so pissed off with the site or the owner that they bought the hack due to personal reasons
2c. Information theft (our account details are worth quite a bit actually)

There's a very real cyberwar going out there in the interwebs, and its a pretty nasty thing. Because the main reason is, like real wars are mostly fought over, money. You would be surprised how much money is involved in this.

jimmifett

Banned
Banned
Has the attack vector been identified?

More importantly, is the code going forward going to to be security conscious?
I remember the holes in the Conquest code when I looked at it.

I'd be willing to volunteer some of my efforts to help secure the code since it's what I do.

Quartz

Hero
Might it be worth taking a step back and looking at alternative, hopefully stronger platforms? I'm thinking in particular of Xenforo.

jeffh

Adventurer
Hey Jeff - I'm a bit confused by the question. That's one thing that hasn't been broken (thank goodness!) so it hasn't changed. Are you experiencing problems?

At the time, first of all the subscriber's content was under "Reviews", which it wasn't, so I couldn't even find the section.

Even when I eventually did, I could only see the most recent Zeitgeist adventure, Admiral o' the High Seas, and the portrait package. That seems to be partially fixed in that I can now see all the Zeitgeist related stuff I should be able to see, but I still can't figure out where I would go to download any non-Zeitgeist-related subscriber content.

It was a total dog's breakfast before, too, in desperate need of reorganization, but at least it was a dog's breakfast I was familiar with.

Last edited:

jeffh

Adventurer
Okay, I FINALLY found it. If I may make a suggestion, perhaps the whacking great heading at the top that says Subscribers Content should lead to all, not just 10% or so, of the subscribers content. The only way to find the majority of that content is currently in the forums, and I don't know how I was supposed to know to even look there.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Okay, I FINALLY found it. If I may make a suggestion, perhaps the whacking great heading at the top that says Subscribers Content should lead to all, not just 10% or so, of the subscribers content. The only way to find the majority of that content is currently in the forums, and I don't know how I was supposed to know to even look there.
It will when I've finished moving it all over; I started to change the system over on your suggestion. I have to do them one at a time. (I also have to move all the reviews over one at a time.... uggh).

jeffh

Adventurer
Uggh is right... didn't realize it was so laborious. I'd have hoped there'd be a way to automate the process, but if there was you'd surely be using it.

Remove ads