• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Greek New World is expanding

Do want rules to play characters with the blood of the Gods?

• I would love to play a demi-god in your setting.

Votes: 37 37.8%
  • I don't find playing a Demi-god in your setting at all appealing.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Make nymphs a PC race!

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Hey! Call the cerebric lovecrafting monsters of a tenticular persuasion what they are! Mindflayers!

Votes: 13 13.3%

Turanil

First Post
Sir Elton said:
I took a look at the Nymph in the d20 system; though. And then the high elf in the EverQuack RPG. I can get away with using those stats, but I wonder if it will be acceptable, given that people are used to the Blinding Beauty ability.
Just say that the blinding beauty ability would come from a prestige class ability, or a feat chain. You may not even need to create them until a player specifically ask for getting them.

ssampier

First Post
I think rebuilding the demi-humans stereotypes can work. Just figure out what role elves, halflings, dwarves, gnomes, and half-orcs play in a D&D world. Then take those stereotypes and replace them with Greek creatures or rebuild the existing demi-humans and give them different stats, skills, and favored classes and call them something else. Nothing worse than an elf that's not very elf-like. :lol:

By the way, I like your ideas. I have a home-brew in my mind that's Anglo-Saxons/Vikings in the geography of Australia combined with two dualistic gods (Law and Chaos, Sun and Moon).

Last edited:

ssampier

First Post
If I may be more helpful

Some random off the wall ideas:

Elves = Dragon People, ancient, long-lived, natural at sorcery, time may be waning

Dwarves = lizard-folk, ancient catacomb dwellers

Halfling = dump

Half-orcs = Centaurs, "fish out of water"

Halfling replacement, nymph?

Sir Elton

First Post
ssampier said:
Some random off the wall ideas:

Elves = Dragon People, ancient, long-lived, natural at sorcery, time may be waning

Dwarves = lizard-folk, ancient catacomb dwellers

Halfling = dump

Half-orcs = Centaurs, "fish out of water"

Halfling replacement, nymph?

Okay. Sounds like some great ideas, Ssampier.
:)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads