Release The Halls of Arden Vul (Immense Megadungeon)

Having suffered through 1st edition 30(?) years ago, I'm not interested in doing that again. I'm wondering how hard (and I realize this might be a generic question, as opposed to a question about this product) is it to convert this to 5e on the fly?

I'm not overly familiar with 5e, so I'm sorry to say I can't answer that question.

More on-topic, how much of this could I steal and use generically in my own stuff, without absorbing all the baggage that probably comes with all this. Any sense of that?

Another one I think I'm not able to answer. Sorry!

joe b.

Lurker Above

Explorer
The best answer is probably get rid of all your worthless 5e crap (it's the Rise of Skywalker of D&D), spend $26 on a nice hardback copy of OSRIC and just start playing. But Joe is apparently more diplomatic than me in this regard....

Geleg

Villager
Hmmmmm.......as it turns out, an academic conference I was supposed to attend was cancelled and I'm due a full refund of my $265 conference registration fee. This will work out to $275 for the hard copy. Synchronicity anyone?
why, it sounds like perfect synchronicity! We used our canceled academic conference refund on gardening supplies! (shhh... and maybe some minis)

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
1e modules are pretty easy to convert to 5e if you are comfortable with coming up with appropriate skill checks when necessary. And as noted above the monster conversion guide helps considerably.

Bought last night. Still haven't gotten a chance to crack it open yet.

And... finding the group to play would be a challenge.

This makes me happy. Congrats to Richard Barton and Andreas Claren for making the #2-#7 bestselling titles at DriveThru.

Here's the Bundle link if you're interested in picking up the hardcopies of most ambitious megadungeon ever written: The Halls of Arden Vul!

2%2Bto%2B7.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads