Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon
Round 0

With the undead chef defeated, Zinnilis moved into the kitchen and yanked one of his arrows out of the wall. He helped Rak’tan check some barrels, only to find rotting vegetables, and then Rak’tan foolishly went to try whatever was in the pot.

“Be at ease,” Zinn replied, putting a hand on Aelspeth’s shoulder. “I see no remains of sentient creatures here.” He eyed the hacked up animal on the counter. “Let us continue searching this foul place,” he said with a resigned sigh.

ealt

Explorer
Calithil Manor - Kitchen

Rak'tan tastes the stew the chef was working on. It's flavor is surprisingly delicate, clearly the work of a skilled chef. The bits of meat in the pot, while quite tasty, are difficult for him to place. After chewing on it for a minute, he decides that it is simply pork and the herbs are confusing his taste buds. As he is about to turn away from the pot, something gleaming among the bloody remains near the kettle catches his eye. Meanwhile, Leira has preoccupied herself by breaking every single bone of the skeletal chef; however, each bone oozes more dark blood when broken. So much blood is produced, that soon enough there is a sizable pool surrounding the shards of bone.

ealt

Explorer
Rak'Tan Veragni

Rak'Tan picks up the ring, examining it, and turns to his companions, saying "Look at this, it looks like it may be his ring."

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon
Round 0

Zinnilis looked at the broken bones and pooling blood with distaste. “I don’t know what it is, but it is not natural,” he muttered. “Anyone have holy water or something?”

When Rak’tan found the ring, Zinn asked, “Is it magical? It looks like a signet, so it should have an identifying crest,” he observed.

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Black Mage

"This pooling blood seems like something we should concern ourselves with, sooner rather than later." Theia ponders as she walks over to inspect the ring. Although not really appearing to be looking at the ring very closely, her mind is rather focused in assessing it's possibly history. "Now, about that blood.... shall we burn it, cook it up for dessert, or something else? I wonder if the chef will be back shortly if we don't take action."

ealt

Explorer
Intermission

With the skeletal chef seeming to regenerate from the pool of blood, the party decides the best course of action is to burn the blood. Using a ladle they quickly incinerate the blood, preventing the foul creature's reanimation. Taking a collective breath, the party determines that the ring is an heirloom within Vignar's family; however, the young man's whereabouts are still unknown.

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Eying Rak'tan eating yet more of the food, Leira does little to hide her disgust. "I guess we should be prepared to burn anymore undead like this one. How many times did they die, I wonder."

ealt

Explorer
Intermission

The kitchen cleared, the party approaches the door beneath the double staircase. Many of the party members smell smoke, and the door is warm to the touch; however, our intrepid heroes must push onward and find their charge!

ealt

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

When Leira mentions "more valuable people", Aelspeth opens her mouth as if to respond. Then Theia beats her to the punch. The elf's teeth clack with the force of her jaw slamming shut and her eyes widen in shock at just what the witch said. Unsure how to comment, the woman raises a knuckle of her right hand (still grasping her acid flask) to push her glasses up her nose.

Aelspeth watches Zinnellis feel the door and then step back in line. What a curious thing to do. It makes sense, I'd just never have thought of it... She looks at the elf ranger, easily as young or younger than she is, and asks, "What do you make of it? Did you hear anything from the other side?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases