Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Nihilist

Theia isn't bashful at letting Zinnelis help her into the wagon. When in Venza, do as the Venzans...

ealt

Explorer
Bors

The wagon driver is an average looking man of perhaps thirty years garbed in the common clothing of the peasantry. He sheepishly responds to Leira. "Bors indeed I am, ma'am." He gives a slight bow to the assembled adventurers as they board the wagon. "The magistrate told me to take you where I last seen Master Vignar, so I will." Once sure that everyone is seated, he starts off down the main road out of Venza.

The wagon ride takes the better part of the afternoon, during which the party has brief, awkward conversation with Bors. Clearly not an educated man, Bors regales them with tales of Vignar's antics throughout their time together. Evidently, Bors has been Vignar's manservant/lackey since they were boys. "Why I remember one time, Bors and me stayed at this country inn... Oh, an you should've seen 'er face when Bors came round that corner with that bucket on 'is head, he were fuming." He gives a wheezy laugh at the conclusion of his own story. He brings the cart to an abrupt stop in a seemingly secluded section of the road. "This is the place, yeah."

He steps out of the cart and leans up against it while the adventurers disembark themselves.

ealt

Explorer

Theia hops off the wagon, nearly buckling over under the weight of her pack. Clearly distraught she curses some god or another under her breath. Regaining composure, she looks up at Bors. She waves at him, and simply says, "Hello."

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon

"Gonna help me back out of the cart buddy?" Rak’tan asked Zinnelis

The elven ranger smirked at the fighter. “If you feel you need the assistance,” he said, hopping lightly down, landing next to Theia, who seemed to have had trouble disembarking. He put a hand on her arm to steady her. Then he turns to offer Leira a hand down.

“So where are we?” Zinn asked Bors.

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Leira hops from the wagon with an audible thud as she hits the ground. She stretches, cracks her back and neck, then yawns. "Many thanks Bors, I suppose we will take it from here. Alrighty folks let's see if we can't find where oh where has Vignar gone." She laughes dryly at her own joke, as she begins to check the area around the wagon.

ealt

Explorer
Bors

Bors' eyes seem to fog over at Theia's greeting. He abruptly drops to one knee, his eyes focused firmly on the ground. "Mistress, I'm your man. Ask what you will of me." There is a note of tension in his voice, as if he is desperate to gain her approval. Awaiting her command, he politely responds to Zinnelis. "This is where me an' Vignar went huntin' the other day, milord. Right through them trees there."

ealt

Explorer

Theia winks at Zinnelis, then she looks down at the grovelling sop in front of her. To the others, her voice is beyond patronizing. But to Bors, her voice is soothing and full of empathy. "Get up, friend. You surely must be distraught and overwhelmed over your missing pal." She cradles his arm in hers as she comforts him. She takes a quick peek at her surroundings before continuing. "I know you are simply dying to tell me everything that happened, and everything you know. Please let go of what's inside, it is tearing you up. I can tell. Poor Vignar, no wait... poor Bors." Her eyes, full of sadness, await his answer.

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon

“Hunting,” Zinnelis nodded, looking toward the copse of trees. He eyed the groveling Bors, and then Theia, frowning slightly in disapproval, suspecting some sort of magic involved. As an elf, he really disapproved of such manipulating of a person’s will, especially since Bors was more than willing to help them.

The ranger headed in the direction of the trees, looking to find the tracks of Bors and Vignar.

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Did...did she just bewitch that man? Ugh, damn mind mages.

Leira, eyeing the newly overly friendly Bors with suspicion, looks off in the direction that Zinnelis is moving towards. She watches intently as he moves away. She shrugs her shield into position, and keeps a hand on her blade. "Bors, did you have a camp where you based your hunts from, or did you just wander in the woods? If you did have a camp, can you lead us to it?"

Remove ads