D&D 5E THE HIDDEN SHRINE OF TAMOACHAN - 5E (Closed)

How does Themenor have such high abilities on 27 point buy?

Also, HP should 5*(5 die size + 3 con). CG, do we get the full hit points at level 1?

scranford

Explorer
Yep. Gauntlets of Ogre Power... And I might have forgotten to add the bonus point. I'm working it into my background, but if you nix it, I'll just re-adjust. I'll adjust HP when all changes are approved. Also, took Tough as a feat, and have an extra HP from being a Hill Dwarf.

Oh, I completely forgot about magic items. Cool.

Hmm, seems that char sheet doesn't show your strength without the magic item overriding it. (I have a thing about char sheets that are too relaxed.)

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Oof. I forgot about GoOP/HoI. Those are kinda game breaking if you are allowed to design your build around them.

I hate being that DM but, I'm going to have to ban GoOP and HoI as starter items. They are just too optimizable. It's one thing to come across them randomly, but when making a "build" they are just too good.

If you REALLY want strength boosting Gauntlets, I'll allow Gauntlets of Bugbear Power, +2 Strength, Max 17 Strength.

Also, not that I really care, but if you are researching enough about the dwarves of Mirabar to worry about the last name, you'd also need to account for his family not being native to Mirabar. The dwarves of Mirabar, and the rest of the Sword Coast are mountain dwarves. Hill dwarves hail from the south. Just an FYI if lore matters to you.

As for HP, I apologize for not being clear, level 1 is Max hp.

Last edited:

scranford

Explorer
Oof. I forgot about GoOP/HoI. Those are kinda game breaking if you are allowed to design your build around them.

I hate being that DM but, I'm going to have to ban GoOP and HoI as starter items. They are just too optimizable. It's one thing to come across them randomly, but when making a "build" they are just too good.

If you REALLY want strength boosting Gauntlets, I'll allow Gauntlets of Bugbear Power, +2 Strength, Max 17 Strength.

Also, not that I really care, but if you are researching enough about the dwarves of Mirabar to worry about the last name, you'd also need to account for his family not being native to Mirabar. The dwarves of Mirabar, and the rest of the Sword Coast are mountain dwarves. Hill dwarves hail from the south. Just an FYI if lore matters to you.

As for HP, I apologize for not being clear, level 1 is Max hp.

OK. I'll have to change things around a bit, but will just make some adjustments and go with the Gauntlets of Bubbear Strength to keep the build in mind. I was actually trying to find out what happened to the dwarves from Moonshea Islands, but so far have little luck tracking down their current location. I thought Island based dwarves with a fractured history might make for an interesting blend. I'll keep looking unless you know?

scranford

Explorer
Also, I found this on Ruathym... which is north of the Moonshea islands, and I found this blurb about them... but again don't know where they ended up.
Background
Supposedly one of the islands left above water after the First Sundering and originally called Arauwurbarak, the dwarves of Haunghdannar built a stone fortress they named Rethgaard on the island to serve as a naval base some time around -4600 DR. Less than three centuries after that realm fell, human mariners from across the Trackless Sea arrived and set up a colony on the island, which they called Ruathym.

Remove ads