• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hive Is REALLY Alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I don't, but that's because I pressed forward at the end of each episode so that I could skip the filler before each episode of Tachikomatic Days. :p

Oh
my
gawd

It took 4 minutes to send that last reply. System is slower than ever and Its more than just my speed 21 modem..... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

My patience and tolerence is nearly dried up on this subject. I am finally motivated to do my Storyhour stuff again but it takes forever to submit updates and after five minutes of waiting it often becomes lost. Resubmit to learn that sometimes the first shot took but never suggested it to me.

I want to give money to the site to fix it but I'm not sure how much it will improve since my Modem speed tops at 21. :rant:

Ah well.....

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I want to give money to the site to fix it but I'm not sure how much it will improve since my Modem speed tops at 21. :rant:

Ah well.....
Mega, if you have the spending money and don't mind having just a little less each month I heartily reccommend broadband. Right now I'm paying for the internet bill (Cox broadband), which is only $50 a month.

The internet is my lifeline to all things gaming and thus fast load times are a priority to me. As soon as Wireless N is finalized I completely plan on replacing my existing G hardware.

I have to admit EnWorld has been trying my patience of late and for a good portion of the day I couldn't get anything to load. When I start to seriosly get annoyed, I step away and do something else (workin' on homebrew, adding to the monstrous word document that is my compiled wishlist [27 pages :eek: ] or playing a video game [currently FF7]). Its times like these I find that there is more of it available for other things.

My patience and tolerence is nearly dried up on this subject. I am finally motivated to do my Storyhour stuff again but it takes forever to submit updates and after five minutes of waiting it often becomes lost. Resubmit to learn that sometimes the first shot took but never suggested it to me.

Ah well.....
You will notice an improvement. The fact that your posts get lost are fault of the server not replying in time. A faster internet connection on your side will not change that, but it will improve the speed with which images are shown or the page is build up. Since your worry is losing replies primarily, a server donation would work better to improve on that. :)

Of course, getting broad band is still a good idea for all the other reasons...

In the mean time - remember to write your longer posts in a text file or word document, and just copy & paste them. And otherwise - consider marking all text and copying it before hitting Submit Reply. That can sometimes save your "normal" posts. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads