• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The In Character Character Game: Part III

psychognome

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Paxus Asclepius. Good to put a face to the name. Now, let me get this straight. That fellow over there is Solid Snake, and he's giving us guns to go kill Barney? Could someone elaborate a bit on what's happened?"
"I'm still a bit confused myself. I only joined recently. Apparently Barney's been messing with reality, thus bringing all these creatures from geek popular culture into this world, and now one of the guys has been turned into a girl, one of us is wearing Sub Zero's suit, Pikachu's hanging out with one of us, and apparently someone's also got Harry Potter's wand. That's all I can remember. Oh, and I've got this cute doggy bird! Say hi to... um, I haven't given her a name yet..."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
psychognome said:
"I'm still a bit confused myself. I only joined recently. Apparently Barney's been messing with reality, thus bringing all these creatures from geek popular culture into this world, and now one of the guys has been turned into a girl, one of us is wearing Sub Zero's suit, Pikachu's hanging out with one of us, and apparently someone's also got Harry Potter's wand. That's all I can remember. Oh, and I've got this cute doggy bird! Say hi to... um, I haven't given her a name yet..."

"And so we're killing Barney? I . . . see. Well, first things first. What resources do we actually have that are useful? And how hard is bringing Barney down going to be? Is he alone? Well-defended? Do we even know where he is?" A repetitive clicking noise comes from Joe's lockback.

psychognome

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
"And so we're killing Barney? I . . . see. Well, first things first. What resources do we actually have that are useful? And how hard is bringing Barney down going to be? Is he alone? Well-defended? Do we even know where he is?" A repetitive clicking noise comes from Joe's lockback.
"Well... let me tell you this. Gandalf is scared to death of Barney. Does that answer any of your questions? And the last time we encountered a hologram illusion of Barney, he used the illusion to put some of us into a braindead state, just by singing an idiotic song! The good thing is that we've got great mages like Gandalf and Vivi on our side."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
psychognome said:
"Well... let me tell you this. Gandalf is scared to death of Barney. Does that answer any of your questions? And the last time we encountered a hologram illusion of Barney, he used the illusion to put some of us into a braindead state, just by singing an idiotic song! The good thing is that we've got great mages like Gandalf and Vivi on our side."

"Vivi? Not familiar. So, then, sonic effects are going to be a problem. Anywhere we can get earplug-style headphones and players enough for everyone?"

psychognome

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Vivi? Not familiar. So, then, sonic effects are going to be a problem. Anywhere we can get earplug-style headphones and players enough for everyone?"
"Oh, Vivi's the Black Mage from Final Fantasy 9. And I don't think getting earplugs will be a problem. I was just thinking... some of the stuff I've seen here actually resembles D&D to some extent... so maybe it would be possible to learn some bardic music or something... countersong would be a killer against Barney."

Last edited:

neoweasel

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Vivi's the Black Mage from Final Fantasy 9. I can sing pretty raucously, but I somehow don't think that will help if we're talking about supernaturally bad singing. I think perhaps the classical wax might be the best way to handle it."

[OOC: D'oh! Little slow on the draw!]

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
psychognome said:
"Oh, Vivi's the Black Mage from Final Fantasy 9. And I don't think getting earplugs will be a problem. I was just thinking... some of the stuff I've seen here actually resembles D&D to some extent... so maybe it would be possible to learn some bardic music or something... countersong would be a killer against Barney."

"Maybe. Now, what about weapons? If his song has a limited range, a good rifle should be able to hit him from outside it. I doubt anyone here can handle a Barret, but a 30.06 shouldn't be too hard to find, right?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Well, I can play guitar if that would be of any help to prevent Barney from turning us into singing, laughing weirdos. But I really doubt that would help. And only one of us has shown any aptitude towards anything resembling actual magic, so I have to doubt we can use that to beat the darned thing."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Dalamar said:
"Well, I can play guitar if that would be of any help to prevent Barney from turning us into singing, laughing weirdos. But I really doubt that would help. And only one of us has shown any aptitude towards anything resembling actual magic, so I have to doubt we can use that to beat the darned thing."

"Really, all we should need is a Springfield with hollowpoints, unless Barney's immune to bullets."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Well, since he can do sorcery, I think we can safely assume he knows the modern equivalent to protection from arrows, whatever that might be called."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads