• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Modern] The "In Character" Character game Part One

Jemal

Adventurer
"Finished him. Gamers win" Jim says as he leans down to see if Sub's just unconscious, or if he's dead. Glancing up, though, he sees Six.
"Hey, looking Good, Pinky!" He calls over to her. "Finally figered it out, eh?" He then turns to someone else, completely forgetting about Sub-zero. "How come she gets to look distinguished? I didn't look distinguished, I looked like a bratty little schoolgirl! And Blonde, too! How come I had to be a bratty blonde schoolgirl and she gets to be a sophisticated chick? I'm sophisticated! I've got sophistication coming out the wazoo!"

Festy_Dog

First Post
originally posted by ThoughtBubble
"Thanks for the help with the ladder."

"No trouble mate," Festy says with a little salute, then turns to everyone, "No time for a break people, seems we're booked for another meeting back at the tower. They need our assistance there."

Festy takes a sip of the potion and offers it to anyone else who thinks they could use a little healing.

"Three more sips," he notes.

Sixchan

First Post
Six twirls. "Thank you! I don't think it's that bad either." For personal enjoyment, Six then proceeds to re-enact Aeris' after-battle routine (dust off arms, fix hair, place hand over heart, sigh), and then looks around. "Where's Jackie? Jackie?"

KitanaVorr

First Post
Hanh grinned at Jemal as she helped Vivi and Fong Sai Yuk break the ice off Jackie and Bruce. "You got something coming out of the wazoo but I'm not sure its sophistication."

Festy feels a little better (heal 8 points) after that sip.

"I don't know, Daniel. I, for one, have ceased trying to explain anything...because well...how can you explain all this anyway?" Hanh took a step back, and spun around, smashing the ice holding Bruce hostage with the heel of her boot.

ThoughtBubble

First Post
Daniel smiles with a chuckle. "You've got too much energy to be sophisticated," he says to Jemal.

"Maybe explanation wasn't the right word," he says to Hanh. "I mean, this is pretty much par for one of my dreams. I'm just a little concerned that I have this much control of myself. Usually my parts are all pre-scripted. I figured you were here to rescue me, and there might be some further goals or purpose involved. I guess you're just as lost about the scenario as I am."

Daniel glances at Festy, "Well, if this is the normal sort of reception, we should see if we can arm ourselves first. Why don't we get our friends free of the ice, then fan out and check the area for loot? Maybe my bag's somewhere around here too."

Daniel glances around at everyone once to make sure they heard, then goes to follow his own suggestion.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Well, if it's a dream, then it's a communal one, cuz we're all real.. far as I can tell. It's probably some alien trick, or a government plot gone wrong."
Jemal looks over at Hanh "By the way, haaaaaan" hey says, then sticks his tongue out at her. "Up your ziggy with a wa-wa brush!"

KitanaVorr

First Post
Hanh reaches out and grabs Jemal's tongue between her forefinger and thumb, giving it a little tug before letting go. "Very nice fantasy, Jemal, but not forthcoming I'm afraid."

Then she stops a minute before giving Daniel an odd stare. "er...if this is on par for one your dreams, what exactly am I?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Festy goes to help anyone left trapped in ice.

"How soon are we needed there Vivi?" he asks.

originally posted by KitanaVorr
"er...if this is on par for one your dreams, what exactly am I?"

"Yeah, I was wondering what I would be too," Festy says, "But you know what would be really ironic? If this really was Daniel's dream and he has been asleep for what has seemed the entirety of our lifetimes thus far. Then when he wakes up we all just cease to exist, something so sudden we don't see it coming, like a film just stopping half way through. No credits, nothing."

Sixchan

First Post
"Daniel, didn't you say something about how I represented your formal struggle with gender identity, and now that you had accepted what you are, you had to help me accept myself too?" Six points to her breasts. "What do these tell you then about your gender struggle, hmm?"

OOC: Do I have the umbrella?

Remove ads