• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Iron Mage (WotST build)

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Plate has a -1 speed and a -1 check compared to hide and takes 3 additional layers of proficiency to equip. Not to mention, a ranger with max Dex still boosts his best offensive stat quite considerably *while* getting the best AC. Yes, I think plate is getting the shaft.

I don't think one point of AC is something to be concerned about. Typically, the heavy armor classes have others things going for them defensively.

I like this build. I wonder if it's possible to do as a halfling. I think your AC would be one point lower (can't get that 20 Int at level 1), but it would give you another forced reroll against attackers.

Edit: bah. No shields either (you'd have to wield the longsword 2-handed). So I guess about 3 points lower. How much "AC" is another reroll worth?

Pickles JG

First Post
Nice build.
Am I right in thinking that Shield will trigger solid sound for a possible +6 to reflex or +2 to another defence as an interrupt?

Dormain1

Explorer
I am currently looking at a similar build myself

the few differences are mine is an Eladrin, multiclassing into warlord using a orb upping int and wis

His job is to stand back blast a few things with the orb then jump into combat if things get hairy for the melee types and clear it up with a few thunderwaves, he can even heal.. i mean inspire

having a port escape is really handy

yours is a very solid build which any party would be happy to have

PC: the wizard has AC, now we don't have to protect his sorry ass

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads