The Irregulars (Netflix series)

"The Irregulars" by itself was enough of a hint for me, but I've been on a Sherlock Holmes kick for most of the pandemic so it's all pretty close to the surface. I was kind of surprised though that they didn't approach it from the angle of a teen-aged Sherlock and instead opted for the "Holmes and Watson are just two more adults that don't really understand what's going on and who can't be trusted."
Yep. I remember knowing it all and then at age 30 onward becoming a dummy, too... Oh wait! ;)

Ryujin

Legend
Let me guess? Pretty clean cut 20-somethings playing teens, with carefully placed smudges of soot on them?
To a point, yes, but one of the leads is repeatedly shown, shirtless, with whipping scars all over his body. Also, unlike the typical American show of the sort, the main characters aren't all wearing new but ever so slightly dirty clothing. The clothing is worn/repaired in a way that looks realistic, which is something that I always appreciate from UK productions. There's definitely anachronistic language usage but, overall, I rather like it.

To a point, yes, but one of the leads is repeatedly shown, shirtless, with whipping scars all over his body. Also, unlike the typical American show of the sort, the main characters aren't all wearing new but ever so slightly dirty clothing. The clothing is worn/repaired in a way that looks realistic, which is something that I always appreciate from UK productions. There's definitely anachronistic language usage but, overall, I rather like it.
Ar least Americans, sometimes, aren''t pretending that they're not pretending. ;)

Remove ads