• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Ivy Labyrinth

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Alternate RPG systems are always cool.

I would note a couple of things:

1) No skill system.
2) The number of inital starting points is incredibly important because it's going to determine how easy magic is to use. If I found out that I needed a 3 or higher on a d10 roll to avoid magical backlash the first thing I'd do is jigger my magic rating so I'd be getting 4s at a minimum.

Other than that I'd say you have a good start at a rules-light system!

CalrinAlshaw

First Post
First off, thank you for taking the time to read it and reply! I very much appreciate it.

1) No skill system.

This is in-part deliberate, there will be things that, due to character development through actual play, that I will give PC's bonus's to certain stat-tests. So, while there is no specific skill system, it is mostly reflected through the statistics the statistics.

2) The number of inital starting points is incredibly important because it's going to determine how easy magic is to use. If I found out that I needed a 3 or higher on a d10 roll to avoid magical backlash the first thing I'd do is jigger my magic rating so I'd be getting 4s at a minimum.

All PC's start with a 0 in Strength, Agility, Health, and Magic. Magic is meant to be far more mysterious and unreliable than in D&D.

Once again, thank you for feedback!

Calrin Alshaw

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads