The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Rapida

First Post
"Well shall we be off? Hopefully this sage will be able to provide us with more information concerning this kobolds and last night's occurances" Assuming no differing opinions Brenwar sets off to find the man.
[sblock]
Any word from Rumleech?
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Not on my end, maybe LS has had better luck.[/sblock]

Setting off back to the south and into the town proper, it only takes several minutes for you to arrive at the base of the tower. It rises from the center of the town, completely detached from the walls, and seemingly transplanted from some other locale.

The door is of sturdy wooden construction, and bears an arcane mark of some sort; A rune composed entirely of ever swirling flame. Beneath the rune is an ornate golden knocker in the shape of a dragons head.

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

"hmmm... Curious..." Cheysuli scrutinises the mark and the knocker closely, she screw up her face exageratedly, and rubs her chin in an almost comedic ritual of concentration.
[sblock=Arcana Check]Arcana (1d20+8=19)[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Arcana] The mark is of a beneign nature, marking the tower as Valthuns. Studying it closer you realise it would also make an excellent scrying focus.[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

"... And curiouser! By my judging this scholar is quite an astute fellow; smile for the door everyone, we ought to make a good impression, else he may not let us in."

Cheysuli knocks smartly three times on the sturdy door, takes a step back and waves coquettishly at the glowing rune, her eyes wide with innocence.

Rathan

First Post
Patronis looks over the rune and nods softly as he then turns to Chey and shakes his head a bit at her enthusiasm a bit... sadly he had too much on his mind to smile and look pretty..... he wanted the pieces to this puzzle and he wanted them now.....

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]OMG the boards are back up!
[/sblock]

At Chey's urging Shayla stands smiling happily at the door, remembering the guards warning she says while they wait "I hope this is worth it".

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry guys ... I totally forgot to send that email to rumleech. :blush: I just sent it, and I'll let you all know when I hear back from him.[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] No worries, we all forget things sometimes LS[/sblock]

The symbol on the door flares, and it swings open of it's own accord banging loudly against the wall. A disembodied voice seems to issue from nowhere

Inside, up the stairs to the 15th floor, through the door, second room on the left. Hurry now, don't dawdle, and whatever you do touch nothing!

On the floor in front of you a faint flicker of flame ignites and burns a trail across the room, sparks jumping off to light torches around a large entry room, inexplicably larger then the tower itself with several doors leading off around the perimeter. I

The center of the room is dominated by a large stairway of practical stone, and the rest of the room is adorned with gilded furniture, all bearing a leaping flame motif. The trail of flame continues up the stairs, leaving a faint burning trail behind it as if beckoning you to follow.

Remove ads