• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Key to Victory

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
MAP:

l lAlBlClDlElFLGlHlIlJlKlLlMlNlOlPlQlRlSlTlUlVlWlXlYlZl1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l0lal
lwl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lyl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lzl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l1l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l2l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l3l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l4l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l ltlZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l5l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZl l lElAlClZlTl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l6l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lMlZlZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l7l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZl l lZlZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l8l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l9l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l0l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l+l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l?l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l!l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Key:

l l = impassable
l l = open, explored
l l = grease effect

M = Malaroc
T = Trinham
C = Cedric
A = Aver
E = Ernestine
t = Tira
Z = Zombie

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham involuntarily looks around, attracted by the grunts and screams of the others. What he sees causes him to reassess the situation. He realises that his previous assessment was wrong and that they are in fact in S*t street, as his father would say. He also sees that Tira is right and a grease spell would be effective.

Trinham concentrations as he cast his spell, all the time attempting to avoid the Zombie's attack.

[sblock=Actions]Cast Grease defensively: R16,R17, S16, S17.[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 21/23

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell            Rounds Remaining[/i]

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (X) (X) (X) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Moving closer to the group, Mal can see that the zombies were taking their toll on the group, as he shakes his head. His wounds were not deadly, but another few seconds of getting hit like that would change this fight quickly.

He takes a step (P5) and strikes out quickly at the nearest foe (Zombie at P6), fighting in a defensive stance. His practice with 'Emma' was now going to either pay off, or end his debt to her.

[sblock=Fighting Defensively] Choosing to Fight Defensively for -4 to attack, as Two Weapon Defense grants another +1 Shield Bonus, as well as the +2 Dodge for Fighting Defensively. Might as well go down swinging![/sblock]

As he strikes out, his aura quickly changes to a warming comfort for those that are wounded. Their wounds slowly begin to ease in pain, as the blood ceases its flow. (Fast Healing to allies within 30', 1HP per round for anyone under 1/2 max HP - Should be Aver, Ernestine, and Tira possibly?)

His strikes go too wide, as his footing is not as secure as he would have liked it to be. Perhaps this would be his tomb, if these zombies did not go down quickly.... (Swing and a miss...)

AC now 20 for Fighting Defensively

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Ok Malaroc's init moves up to right after Trinham's anyone after Malaroc will heal one hp (as long as they are below half) at the start of their turn hope that helps AFg and the others. [/sblock]

Lughart

First Post
Finding no good opportunities to cast his spells without opening himself up for a clobbering, Cedric swears loudly and tries to finish the zombie off. He then steps around the grease puddle hoping to catch a break and get a spell off.

[sblock=actions]Standard: attack zombie at T15.
Free: 5' step to T16

Far does exactly the same[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Ernestine

Ern's stomach still soaked with blood as more is coughed up in her hands. One more hit like that will put me under... Ern thought to herself. However, looking to her left showed that someone else was already on the ground, and looking worse off then her.

I need to distract it. And I think I know how.

Stepping back a little bit, Ern now had room between her and the rotting corpse. Aiming carefully enough, Ern takes a quick shot at the corpse thing, hoping to hit it. However, the crossbow missfied, and instead shot way high into the air, hitting nothing. Blasted piece of crap, Ern reloads quickly, and prays...

[sblock=Actions]
5' Step to Q4
Standard: Shot at Zombie at q6. -4 to the attack
Move: Reload. Reload
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
HP: 2 (HP Stream)
AC: 13
FF: 10
Touch: 13
F: +2
R: +3
W: +1

Crossbow: +3 1d8 80 9 bolts remain

0: Light, Detect Magic
1: Mage Armor,[s] Summon Monster I x 3[/s]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Moggins

Moggins has never been so scared in his life. From his hiding place in the shadows he can see and hear the things attacking his master and his friends. But they just don't smell right. In fact they smell like a nice juicy rat that has gone off.

So Moggins re-checks to make sure he is well hidden. While at the same time checking for an escape route, should he need it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Round 5

The zombies try to press forward but as they do three of them slip on the newly greased floor falling in a shambling group. As Cedric tries to sidestep past his adversary it launches a fist into the wizard's gut knocking most of the wind from him.

Suddenly a pale purple light starts to shine about the room. It comes out of nowhere and is suddenly a large purple sphere glowing bright. Then there is a hollow *thump* like air being displaced and the light is gone.

In it's place stands Jareth, a spiked chain in his hands and a look of determination on his face.

"Jareth!" Tira cries. "I knew you would come, I knew it." she says parrying off a zombies attack.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order
Code:
[U]Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Jareth          17  34  spikedchain/[I][COLOR=DarkOrchid]blessed[/COLOR][/I]
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Lime]14[/COLOR]  l.sword/none
Cedric          [COLOR=royalblue]17[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Yellow]4[/COLOR]  c.bow&dagger/[I][COLOR=royalblue]mage armor-ends round 600[/COLOR][/I]
Aver            [COLOR=Orange]10  [/COLOR] [COLOR=Yellow]1[/COLOR]  dagger/[COLOR=lime][I][COLOR=Orange]prone[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][COLOR=Cyan][I];delay[/I][/COLOR]
Ernestine       [COLOR=White]13[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Yellow]2[/COLOR]  c.bow/none
Zombie          11  16  none/none
[COLOR=YellowGreen]Zombie[/COLOR]          11  [COLOR=YellowGreen] 3[/COLOR]  none/none
[COLOR=PaleTurquoise]Zombie[/COLOR]          11  [COLOR=Red][COLOR=PaleTurquoise]14[/COLOR][/COLOR]  none/none
[COLOR=Cyan]Zombie[/COLOR]          11  [COLOR=Cyan]10[/COLOR]  none/none
Tira            18  [COLOR=Orange][COLOR=Lime]+4[/COLOR] [/COLOR] s.sword/none
Zombie(x2)      11  16  none/[I][COLOR=Orange]both in grease prone[/COLOR][/I]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Zombie[/COLOR]          11  [COLOR=DarkOrchid]10[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Orange]in grease prone[/COLOR][/I]
[COLOR=SeaGreen]Zombie[/COLOR]          11   [COLOR=SeaGreen]8 [/COLOR] none/none
[COLOR=Orange]Zombie[/COLOR]          11  [COLOR=Orange] 9[/COLOR]  none/none
Malaroc         [COLOR=RoyalBlue]20[/COLOR]  [COLOR=Olive] 9[/COLOR]  d.gauntlets/[COLOR=RoyalBlue]fightingD;[/COLOR][I][COLOR=olive]aura-healing[/COLOR][/I]
[/sblock][sblock=Actions]
Round five:
Jareth arrives - none allowed
Cedric miss Far - hit
Aver -delay
Ernestine miss
Tira ???
Malaroc miss
Trinham - cast grease
Zombie attacks - Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
MAP:

l lAlBlClDlElFLGlHlIlJlKlLlMlNlOlPlQlRlSlTlUlVlWlXlYlZl1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l0lal
lwl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lyl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lzl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l1l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l2l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l3l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lJl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l4l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lEltlZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l5l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZlMl lAl lZlTl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l6l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZlZlZl lZlCl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l7l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZlZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l8l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l9l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l0l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l+l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l?l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l!l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Key:

l l = impassable
l l = open, explored
l l = grease effect

M = Malaroc
J = Jareth
T = Trinham
C = Cedric
A = Aver
E = Ernestine
t = Tira
Z = Zombie

Dragonwriter

First Post
The sensation of being dragged through the void is unsettling and Jareth is grateful when it ends. Of course, the ending places him in the middle of the fight. He spins one head of his chain as Tira shouts her greeting. With a wry smile, the fiery-haired human says, “If you’d waited a little longer, I wouldn’t have been forced to make this sort of entrance.”

The head of the chain spins faster, becoming a whirling blur. Jareth says a strange word and the weapon glows with an ethereal light before he releases it in the direction of Tira’s attacker. Shaking his head and still with his half-smile evident, Jareth asks, “What have you gotten yourself into?”

[sblock=OOC]
Channel Disrupt Undead through the chain against Tira’s attacker. EDIT: I don't believe it... The only way I can miss the zombie and the roller gives me a 1, for the first roll of the fight.

Jareth AC 17, HP 34/34
Spells:
0-level: used 1/6
1st-level: used 0/6
2nd-level: used 0/3
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads