log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Kolloseaum: Team Gil's Conscience (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Kolloseaum: Team Gil's Conscience

As you arrive at the harbor, your eyes are drawn to what has to be the largest ship ever built anchored off shore. It is too large even enter the harbor, its many decks towering several stories above the sea below. The cheers of the crowds onboard can be heard even from here and a small flotilla of brightly-colored craft ferry spectators, gladiators, food, drink, weapons, armor, and more back-and-forth from the ship.

A bright pavilion has been erected on one of the piers with a massive cloth banner above it proclaiming Kolloseaum Competitor Registration. A balding goblin a fringe of wiry hair and cracked monocles looks up as the group approaches. "You look a likely bunch. I'll take your papers if you have them and if you don't you can fill them out here."

The Team:
Ootah (Someone), Half-Orc Ranger 5
Kauldron (Darksteed), Goblin Paladin 6
Artemis (FourMonos), Human Hexblade 4
Gil (CaBaNa), Wizard|Artificer/Assassin 4
Martelai (Neurotic), Half-elf Warlock 6
Cyr (MetaVoid), Deva Invoker 6
Brenwar (Rapida), Human Paladin 7
Lerrick (pathfinderq1), Human Ardent|Bard 5
Joy (dimsdale), Half-Elf Cleric|Shaman 5

GM: Post your character's arrival here, preferably along with a statblock and a link to your character sheet. Also, @CaBaNa , please repost the group's final "contract". Once that is up and everyone has checked in here, the games will begin!
 

Attachments

Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Someone

First Post
The unkempt half orc arrives ahead of the rest of the group.



"This is good. I've been too long without killing something in cold blood

[sblock=mini-stats] Ootah Half-Orc Ranger 5
Status:
Initiative: +7, Passive perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
Defenses: AC: 21, For: 16, Ref: 19, Will: 16
HP: 46/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge value: 11, Surges/day:8/8 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Giant
AP: 1
Powers:
Twin Strike, Clever Shot
Two Fanged Strike, Disruptive Strike, Invigorating Stride, Furious Assault, Surprise Strike
Skirmish Stance, Flying Steel[/sblock]
 

Darksteed

First Post
*The heavily armored paladin of the maddening pyre walks down the pier idly puffing away at his cigar as usual. Large plumes of smoke billowed out from behind his masked helm. As he reaches the desk to register he grins to himself as the desk is low enough that he actually for once since being here doesn't need a stool to get up to whatever that needs to be gotten up to. He hands over his registration paperwork. Once that was taken care of he moves off to the side, and waits.*

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 6
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13

AC: 28, Fort: 18, Ref: 20, Will: 20

Initiative: +5
Speed: 5

HP: 59/59, Temp HP: 0
Bloodied: 29, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 12/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point [ ]
Call to Challenge [ ]
Channel Divinity [ ]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Pure Devotion [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Strength from Valor [ ]
Student of the Sword [ ]
Valorous Smite [ ]

Hallowed Circle [ ]
Lay on Hands [ ]
Majestic Halo [ ]
Potion of Healing [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [ ]
[/sblock]
 

FourMonos

First Post
"Gil, if I didn't know the stars had greater plans for you, I'd be worried."

Artemis signs himself up to accompany and help protect Gil.

He eyes the goblin in heavy, smoking armor. He squints his eyes a little bit, "You, I'm not so sure about..."

Then he laughs good naturedly and holds out his hand, "Pleased to meet you, Artemis Harks."

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hexblade 4
Status:
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC 21 (20): For: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 19
HP: 37/37 Bloodied: 18 Surge value: 9 Surges/day: 8
Speed: 5 squares, Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused

Powers: Resplendent Blade, Eldritch Bolt, Dire Fate
Wield the Warp, Wield the Warp, Heroic Effort, Spectral Fade
Confusion of the Cosmos, Inspiring Word, Ironscar Rod, Lesser Planar Ally

PC:Artemis Harks, Hexblade (FourMonos) - L4W Wiki

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron looks up at the newest gentlemen to arrive at the scene. He draws a long pull from his cigar before removing it from his mouth and tapping the ash out into the water over the piers edge. Placing the cigar back into his mouth, he let's out a large bellow of cigar smoke. He grins and extends a gauntleted hand up to the human.*

Names Kauldron.
 

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Waiting for [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] with Cyr, [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] with Martelai, and [MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION] with Dante.
 

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil follows behind Artemis, constantly erasing and rewriting the contract as he talks to members of the group. Paperwork, right, and... Gil continues writing sitting at the table, Almost... I have it right... here... Just a signature... left... after stalling long enough to fill out a good portion of the document, Gil hastily scribbles his full name, Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh in sweeping letters on the parchment.


[sblock=Ministat]

Under the affect of Martelai's Cast Fortune; Cast fortune for Gilgamesh (1d20=1, 1d20=3, 1d20=14) These results replace the next three non-trivial rolls of the type: attack roll, saving throw or skill check. At DM's discretion trivial rolls or rolls in non-dangerous situation cannot be replaced by prepared rolls. The effects ends when all three rolls are used or on the next extended rest. The target doesn't know his/her fortune unless Martelai tells it. (Gil has been informed.)


Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer multiclass Assassin theme Scholar
AC 17 Fort 16 Reflex 19 Will 17 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 36 bloodied 18, Surges 7 Surge value 9
Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19, Normal vision
Second Wind: Not Used,
AP total 1, Speed 6, Initiative +6, Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Freezing Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Twilight Falls, Phantasmal Henchman, Phantasmal Henchman Attack Power, Use Vulnerability, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart
Action point; Demonskin Tattoo

[/sblock]

[sblock="Final" Contract]

I think this is a compromise that everyone can enjoy. If anyone is unhappy, please let me know asap.


Round One:

Challenging
Simple
Objectives No
Normal

Round 2:

Challenging
Hazardous
Objectives Yes
Normal

Round 3:

Challenging
Extreme
Objectives Yes
Normal

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Looks good Gil. Would you like a position in Bacarte office? Igors handle most of the paperwork, but occasionally I need to get there and do stuff. And I hate paperwork."

[sblock=Martelai Stats]

AC: 20 Fort: 17 Reflex: 19 Will: 19
HP: 54/54 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 13+1

FEATS
Level 1: Sacrifice to Caiphon
Level 2: Improved Fate of the Void
Level 4: Superior Implement(Accurate Rod)
Level 5: Rod Experise
Level 6: Bloodied Boon


POWERS
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance



Knack for Success
Cursebite
Ethereal Stride
Delban's Deadly Attention
Mirror Darkly
Cast Fortune

Blackleaf Gloves Teleport

Decree of Khirad
Flames of the Smoking Crown

Elixir of Will
Armor of Dark Majesty (daily, minor): place your curse on any enemy you can see instead of only closest one
Talon Amulet (daily, minor): until the end of the encounter any creature that hits Martelai in melee takes 1d6 damage
Rod of Avernus: (daily, minor): until the end of the encounter any enemy that ends it's turn adjacent to Martelai takes 5 psychic damage

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MetaVoid

Explorer
Deva signs without comment.

[sblock=Cyr Stats]
Deva Invoker Scholar 6
STATUS: none
IMMEDIATES:
* Interrupt: Miraculous Fortune (damage reduced by 5, one ally get +1 power bonus to attack) - trigger: surprise attack by non-necrotic attack or critical hit
* Reaction: Preserver's rebuke -

Initiative +10; Senses Passive Insight 23, Passive Perception 24
HP 42/42, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10+1, Surges 7/7
AC 22; Fortitude 16, Reflex 20, Will 22
Feats:
* Battle Intuition - +2 to initiative, use Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity
* Superior Implement
* Coordinated Explosion - +1 to hit with blast and burst attacks if ally is in the area
* Superior Will

(+1 TO ALL DEFENSES vs. BLOODIED ENEMIES)
1 AP
Saving Throws:
Resist 8 radiant; Resist 8 necrotic
Speed 5

Vanguard's Lightning
Hand of Radiance
Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke


Blades of Astral Fires
Second Wind
Memory of Thousand Lifetimes
Miraculous Fortune
Falling Leaves
Demand Justice
Use Vulnerability


Silent Malediction
Searing Orb


Staff of the warmage (daily free enlarge spell)
Clearsense powder x 2 (consumable minor)
Iron Skin Belt (daily minor): gain DR 5 TENT

[/sblock]
 



Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron looks over and up at the massive half-orc then back at Artemis*

Him? No. I can't say that I know any of you lot. Signed meself up just to have a wee bit of fun. Well waiting for me next travels.
 

FourMonos

First Post
"Well, you got the thickest armor. I think we're going to stand behind you when the bad stuff starts," Artemis grins.

OOC: Isn't [MENTION=30079]Rapida[/MENTION] bringing Brenwar along too?
 

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Well, you got the thickest armor. I think we're going to stand behind you when the bad stuff starts," Artemis grins.

OOC: Isn't @Rapida bringing Brenwar along too?
GM: I'll get the other tread's combat started and wait until tomorrow to start yours in case Brenwar is coming in.
 

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Forgot to ask for character portraits. Link or upload one you want to use. If you don't have one (somehow) I can find one in my collection, but it'll take me much longer than just cropping yours. It'll probably be tomorrow night (16-24 hours from now) before I have time to get the match going.

Edit: Also, two clarifications - (1) "Challenging" difficulty would be better named "Brutal" and (2) you may withdraw before you finish all the fights in your contract, but you will not receive treasure for any of your fights unless you complete all your fights. If these clarifications effect the contract at all, you can change it.
 
Last edited:


FourMonos

First Post
Here's Artemis

brad_pitt.jpg

Hmm, usually that comes across as a picture. Let me know if that doesn't pull up the picture...
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
I have one on my wiki too. It's not a portrait and if you can make the eyes blue on the image I would appreciate it.

Cyr spends few quiet moments in a corner and suddenly there is small anger hovering in front of him.


"Will we do well if we spread out, start distanced from one another in the first challenge? Yes..." he offers his left hand "...or no?" he offers the second one.

He repeats the procedure for other two combats.

OOC: Hand of Fate free daily augury. If someone has smarter questions feel free. I thought this will give us hint if there will be ranged attackers or area attacks so we avoid fireball formation or create shield wall depending on the answers
 


CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Gil's Token]


http://www.clipartandcrafts.com/clipart/holidays/halloween/thumbs/wizard-hat-th.gif
[/sblock]

[sblock=Final Contract]


Round One: Warming up the crowd...

Easy
Simple
Objectives No
Normal

Round 2: Whipping the crowd into a frenzy...

Hard
Hazardous
Objectives Yes
Normal

Round 3: The crowd is rioting on the boat...

Brutal
Extreme
Objectives No
Normal

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Under the affect of Martelai's Cast Fortune; Cast fortune for Gilgamesh (1d20=1, 1d20=3, 1d20=14) These results replace the next three non-trivial rolls of the type: attack roll, saving throw or skill check. At DM's discretion trivial rolls or rolls in non-dangerous situation cannot be replaced by prepared rolls. The effects ends when all three rolls are used or on the next extended rest. The target doesn't know his/her fortune unless Martelai tells it. (Gil has been informed.)


Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer multiclass Assassin theme Scholar
AC 17 Fort 16 Reflex 19 Will 17 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 36 bloodied 18, Surges 7 Surge value 9
Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19, Normal vision
Second Wind: Not Used,
Saving Throws: +5 vs Fear Effects (Battle Hardened)
AP total 1, Speed 6, Initiative +6, Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Freezing Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Twilight Falls, Phantasmal Henchman, Phantasmal Henchman Attack Power, Use Vulnerability, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart
Action point; Demonskin Tattoo

[/sblock]

Glad to be a diverse group, I'm Gil. says the human in the purple and gold tiger striped robes, Never want to be in a group of your own kind, end up on the wrong side of a "historical" match. the young scholar shakes his head, and his hat skews a bit. So what does everyone here do, I've got some experience with the Arena, not this one, but they're all similar. We'll feel each other out the first match, hold back so we don't get the crowd going too early. We can let loose in the second match, but make sure to hold at least one great trick for the end. Remember this is a show as much as a competition. Gil smiles widely, Now who needs a healing potion? The wizard reaches into his robes, producing an orb in one hand, and a vial in the other.

OOC: Gil owns 4 potions of healing, would our defender like a couple? Whomever else volunteers first for "front line" duty, can have one as well. Gil will keep one on himself, in case he goes down, and no one nearby has a decent "heal" skill.
 
Last edited:

Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top