Planescape The Kolyarut has an automatic hit attack.

darjr

I crit!
IMG_8444.jpeg

8b218689-d2a2-4b1c-9dc6-be163abfdc33.jpg

Post in thread 'Check Out Planescape's Table of Contents & More!'
https://www.enworld.org/threads/check-out-planescapes-table-of-contents-more.700206/post-9147790

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Crossposting myself from the other thread: That kolyarut is pretty cool but is shows that WotC still hasn't figured out how to give monsters interesting things to do when it isn't their turn. Monster design should include interesting reactions for all creatures, especially CR 20 badasses like this.
While I agree, I think this is a design choice to make it easier for DMs to run stuff....which I get, I just don't like.

Crossposting myself from the other thread: That kolyarut is pretty cool but is shows that WotC still hasn't figured out how to give monsters interesting things to do when it isn't their turn. Monster design should include interesting reactions for all creatures, especially CR 20 badasses like this.
It depends on the creature. I don't think it should be too different from the Marut.

Reynard

Legend
It depends on the creature. I don't think it should be too different from the Marut.
I don't think it should be creature dependent. It is about creating a design ethos that keep combat fun and dynamic. I do a fair bit of freelancing in this area (monster design, I mean) and essentially everyone but WotC and OSR are making an effort here.

I do like that the Time Dragon traded legendary actions for more and interesting reactions.

Remove ads