• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kickstarter The KULT: DIVINITY LOST Kickstarter ends in 48 hours.

I really thought I would back this, but the developers have been so uncommunicative about the game that I finally decided to give it a pass and buy it when it is offered to the general public (if the reviews are good).

I am sorry you feel that way, we have made 39 Updates and have aimed for daily responses to the 600+ Comments made. We have shown playtest examples, a character archetypes, excerpts from the rules and examples of play, linked to interviews, shown photos from conventions attended, among other things.

We didn't approach Kickstarter as a "Store", with a finished product. The materials are written, in Swedish, and part of the Kickstarter was to evaluate if there was a demand for a new edition of KULT, in English. Which the Campaign shows , with over $250,000 in funding. Which is great and we go full force forward from here! :)

We have a product plan spanning over ten books over the next couple of years.

I hope will find KULT: DIVINITY LOST enjoyable and horrific, once you get a chance to read and play it. :)

There isn't much substance to your updates, and you really haven't shown much of anything when it comes to the actual game, except for a couple of archetypes. Your pictures from a convention show a guy at a table, three of the updates are bizarre "nightly rants," etc. Talking about the general feel of the game doesn't give anyone any decent idea of the ruleset, breakdown of the book, etc. I'm far from the only one with this complaint. Your own comments section contains requests for you to show things you promised to show in the first two weeks of the Kickstarter campaign.

I have yet to hear a good reason why you are pricing the most basic book at US $60. One of your comments on your Facebook page indicates that you wanted them to have a "premium" look and feel, but pricing it that high will naturally limit the number of people who buy the game. If you really wanted to reintroduce Kult, why not have a paperback (or less costly hardback) version available???

Remove ads