The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter IV

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"Naamani," says Drogo. "I do hope we have ended the threats of hostility between Orchard Meadows and the Broken Axe clan, but we do plan to investigate the former Mayor further. Can you tell us where you obtained those journals, and who they belonged to?"

Majin

First Post
"They are Applebottom's. Before I knew completely of Ssirine's treachery she had been a spy for me. I knew of Tyrinth's alliance with the former mayor and wanted as much information about him as I could gather. I couldn't make much sense out of most of his ramblings though."

Majin

First Post
OoC: I believe it is in the 2nd half of Chapter 2, if not then somewhere early Chapter 3. I keep records, but not that good of records. ;) You should be able to find the resulting conversation somewhere in the timeframes I gave you. :)

kirinke

First Post
Delight in the wildness of the eternal screaming. The tithes one pays to gods, in the name of gods! We who breathe immortal air, when we must share it's warmth in our ever dying lungs. Ceaseless it bears fruit, and then in withering and dusk, turns pallid. For them, for myself, for tales of our own mortal vengeance, the gods smile in mockery and irony.

Now with my own twilight, I indulge in solemn coronation and crown myself King Fool, the greatest of rogues, whose true tale will never be revealed. Heir apparent to lost titles, master thief of the kingdom's greatest treasure! All these years of illusion and deceit. Ha! Never once did their prying fingers find my trove. Those fools, those poor fools, gave me far more than baubles. Never can they retrieve what they've lost. They never peered into the well, not once. All their pathetic longing, all their wasted tears, all their vain prayers. It's too bad they never thought to make a wish.

The kingdom's greatest treasure? Teleri mused. Princess Dror, could that mean you? I mean, you did say he desired to weild you. Perhaps when you repelled him he went insane. I know when our minds first met, I was rather shocked, to say the least, and you were relatively gentle. It's the only thing I can think of in this passage that makes sense. Or something more,she thought idly.

ooc:
are the halflings still under Naamani's spell of domination and present? if so, teleri is going to try to bargin for their freedom in the hopes that they can learn more information.

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
"Best you not push it pet..." Naamani says through slitted eyes to Teleri. "The halfling twins will remain with me. I assure you they know nothing I haven't already told you or you haven't figured out for yourselves. Their thoughts are open for me to pry into even easier than yours. Good day," Naamani says, it not being hard to tell the conversation is over and your being dismissed.

Of course he means me girl! I wouldn't say he went insane over not being able to weild me, I'd say he was already insane ta begin with!

kirinke

First Post
Teleri smiles sheepishly at the naga. "My apologies," she said bowing slightly at the serpentine lady.

As they walked out of the naga's chamber, she muses out loud to the others. "There are many meanings to this, we may need to return to the sewers. Perhaps the scream and blood we heard and saw before we fought Tyrinith were a diversion, perhaps not. In any case, we need to find out for certain,"

From this diary, I'd have to agree with you, but we can't take any unnessisary chances, that it might be something else. Maybe something that still is alive and in need of help, she told the sword privately, wincing a bit at the thought of whatever that screamed might still be alive.

Well the harm is done. Hopefully we will be able to reticify that, She prayed.

ooc:
Can Naamani 'hear' the sword's reply? And would the sword protect it's existence from said snake lady, given the fact that domination isn't exactly a nice spell and she just as much admitted to the rest that she was having a bit of fun with Teleri and knew all along that she meant no harm :]

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

Drogo bows and smiles as they leave the Naga's den. "My the swamps ever protect and nuture your people. Perhaps we will meet again."

He frowns at Teleri's suggestion. "Didn't we already explore all avenues in the well? The scream was likely a ruse. But if there is unexplored area down there, then it's probably worth a try. Meanwhile, let's try to get the new items we found identified."

Remove ads