The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter IV

Verbatim

Explorer
Turning to face the archer, Ayden wondered if the remark was aimed at him specifically, or towards the group as a whole.

"A soldier also knows to enjoy a meal and a peaceful drink when he can, for he does not know when his next chance may be."

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Forgive me for behaving so foolishly earlier. She told the sword silently.I've always dealt with stress by using humor as a sheild. My parents said I must have been a gnome in a previous life, because of it.

Teleri sighed. And those two weeks under a domination spell aggravated it. It was like being in a very small cell, with no windows. I saw my body being used against my own will. It scared me halfway out of my mind. And most elves don't enjoy enclosed spaces all that well. So I reacted by rattling the cell-door so to speak. As loudly as I could,

She thought a moment. You said earlier that Applebottom stole you out of your home. Does any of your people still live? I could send a letter saying that you're alright or something similar if so, she offered, good manners coming back as the shock faded.

"We probably need to at least change our clothes," Teleri smiled. "It would be a shame to catch some malady simply because we decided to travel in wet clothes," she said, wringing out the excess moisture from her own shirt as best as she could.

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
At all the talk of wet clothes, Calethang looks down at himself and smiles; content to do whatever the group decides about their holding water.
He stands around with a bored expression, listening to everyone's opinions, and not bothering to voice his.

Majin

First Post
"Nay," the sword grumbles. "Me people have been gone fer some time. Those that were left either faded away or joined other clans... Ye've got a lot ta learn girl, I've known plenty a gnome with the sense of humor o' mud. Worked up in their gizmos and gadgets ta notice anythin' else around 'em."

kirinke

First Post
I'm sorry about the loss of your clan. Teleri thinks a moment. Well, my mother said that some psychics can experience the world through the senses of others. Can you do this as well? If so, well, I don't mind if you do the same with my eyes, ears, taste and so on. As long as you don't take over that is. You probably need a drink as much as I do, she teases gently. But you are right. I do have alot to learn. she said seriously.

"Well, is it settled then? A change of clothes and then to Naamani's to deliver her sister's children to her?" Teleri asks seriously.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
"A quick change of clothes would be in our best interest, and I think we have the time to spare. We can all eat while we travel to the Broken Axe Clan."

Turning back to face the inn, Ayden began walking towards it, hoping his walk did not betray his own worry that they might not have as much time as he thought they did.

ooc: Did this just to keep us moving, Majin can jump us ahead at any time...:)

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang walks back to the inn and takes a seat by the fire. Not being one to carry an extra change of clothes, he waits for his companions and dries off.

hippocrachus

First Post
Noticing the young paladin, Calenthang addresses her in a tired voice.
"It seems we are kindred spirits, friend Chastity," he points out with a wry smile, more or less equally uneasy with the lack of need for his expertise.

Seonaid

Explorer
Chastity smiles at Calenthang. "Yes, it appears so." She shrugs. "I have no clothing to change into, and no desire to do so in any event. This business wears on me, and I wish it concluded."

Remove ads