• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter IV

Jarval

Explorer
"Good morning, everyone." Andreas says cheerfully as he walks into the inn's common room. He takes a seat at the table, and smiles warmly at everyone. Apparently, a good night's sleep, a bath and change of clothed have done wonders for the young man's mood.

"An interesting selection of items, isn't it? If no-one objects, I'd like to have the bow, as it's a lovely piece of craftsmanship. However, I'm carrying a wealth of enchanted items already, so if anyone else wishes to claim the bow, I'll not stand in their way."

Dhes

Explorer
After a long night in the bar Dunstnad walks down stairs with a bit of a headache.
He goes to the bar and orders some thea hoping it will lighten some of the throbbing in his head. When he has his thea he goes over to the table where Calanthang, Ayden and teleri are undoubtedly already laying out plans for the coming day.
“Good morrow”
And gives Calanthang a friendly slap on the back.
“Good game last night, and thanks for the brandy” running a hand trough his hair.
“I guess you guy’s want to head back down to the well. I don’t think there is any need for it, but I’ll follow you down there.”

Dunstand takes the pair of lenses out of his pocket and places them on the table.
“Ok, I don’t know how you guy's normally do this, but we still have to find out what these things do and see to it that they get put to good use.”

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Nodding his head with Teleri's explanation, Ayden felt slightly foolish for his worry, and hoped that his companions would not think less of him for it.

"Yes, I can see where Naamani's spell could have made communing with your goddess impossible, but do not forget that what she did, she did for the protection of her people, and not out of malice towards you the person."

As Andreas and Dunstand joined them, Ayden winced inwardly as Andreas requested the bow. While he had no doubt that the sorcerer was skilled with the bow, he wondered if perhaps Sielwoodan would not be a better choice for it.

"Andreas, while I know you admire the bow, would it not be wiser to allow Sielwoodan to carry it? While your spells are your forte, he does seem to be almost one with the bow he carries, and perhaps that skill would carry over to this bow as well."

As Dunstand placed the lenses on the table, Ayden looked at them and then back to those at the table.

"We have been fortunate that thus far Mother Grundy has allowed us to use her services as a diviner of enchantments. Perhaps before we ventured into the well this morning, she would favor Andreas with allowing him to request her assistance once more? If everyone thinks it a prudent course to take before venturing below that is..."

kirinke

First Post
Teleri smiled lopsidedly at Ayden's words. "Aye I know. I forgive her actions, for she was only doing what was best for her people. And she could have done a great deal worse to me if she had wished. So I bear her no grudge. I only pray she spends more time learning about an individual's soul and heart as well as the workings of their minds. Had she done so before, she would have known I was innocent the first time she delved into my mind." she looked at the others. "Perhaps we should wait for Chasity before we decide on our course of action?" she added hastily.

Jarval

Explorer
Andreas nods in agreement with Ayden's words.

"Fair enough, fair enough." He says, a little sadly. He perks up after a moment, a thought having occurred to him.

"How about the short sword? Does anyone want that? I'd like to learn how to sword fight. Can't rely on magic all the time, after all. Calanthang, would you give me some lessons?" He grins enthusiastically at the prospect.

"As for Mother Grundy, she has been most helpful. If it's alright with all of you, I'd like to give her a little more than the standard rate for identifying these further items, as we must be sorely taxing her magical reserves for the day."

Verbatim

Explorer
Reaching into the bag, Ayden pulled the enchanted sword from its depths and passed it to the mage.

"While it is true that one can not depend on magic all the time, do not feel as if you have anything to be ashamed of by the gifts the gods gave you. You are an extremely skilled mage Andreas, and I hope this sword only has to be drawn as a last resort."

At the mention of giving Mother Grundy additional gold for her services, Ayden nodded his head in agreement with the idea.

"I know I personally have no problem with it, but in all things, I will abide by what the group decides."

hippocrachus

First Post
Still uncertain of what actually happened last night, Calenthang notices Andreas with wide eyes.
"Certainly, friend Andreas," he answers the unexpected request. "Although my ability to teach is limited," he adds.

Jarval

Explorer
"Not to worry, Calenthang, I'm certain you know more than me." Andreas replies, pulling the sword half-way from it's scabbard, and rapping his knuckles on the flat of the blade.

"As for my magic, I make no claims to be a great mage. Mystra has given me a great gift, to be sure, but I'm certain she'll not be offended if I try out a few other skills." He smiles, pushing the sword back into its sheath. "And besides, I'm sure I just lack the innate talent of some of our friends when it comes to a melee."

Velmont

First Post
Sielwwodan open the door of the Inn and enter, As usual, he seems to have woke up at the earliest hour of the day and have taken some care of Felmir at the stable.

"Hi group, see everyone is up. So, what your plan for the day?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads