• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter IV

Verbatim

Explorer
Pushing Sielwoodan's seat out for him slightly, Ayden waited until the ranger sat down before getting down to business.

"Well, we were just speaking on if we should pay Mother Grundy one last visit before we return to the well. Also, Andreas suggested that perhaps we could give her slighly more than her standard fee since she has done so much for us."

Looking down at the table, Ayden picked up the bow and offered it to the tracker.

"We also discussed who would be the best among us to use this bow, and I think we are all in agreement that it would be you. If you will take it that is..."

Velmont

First Post
Sielwoodan takes the bow and start to take a close look at it. His finger touch gently the string and finally pull it.

"A fine bow. The pull is a litle soft, but it has been made for stronger man than the normal hunter. It is a fine one, I'll gladly take it if you offer it to me. I'll make good use of it."

He takes his old bow and put it on the table.

"I won't have a need for that one. It is of a bit less quality, but the pull is harder, as it was made for my strenght. If someone want it, he can take it. Maybe Calenthag or Chastety would be strong enough to use it."

hippocrachus

First Post
He smiles in response to Andreas, staying quiet, and eyeing the recurve Sielwoodan places on the table nonchalantly. Bows are obviously not his "thing."

kirinke

First Post
"If neither of them wishes the bow, I will take it," Teleri offers, showing Seilwooden her own bow, letting him test its pull. Though of far less quality than his, it is obvious that it was made for her own strength and height. She then orders a light breakfast.

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Chastity rises with the sun and readies herself for another day, filling her pack with only the things she feels she needs and leaving the rest in her room. As she works, contentment suffuses her, sure in her place. When she descends to the common room, she orders a light breakfast. As she waits, the others trickle down and she sits with them. When her food comes, she leaves it on the table until the discussion is over, not wanting to be rude.

"I will take these things only if they are finding no use elsewhere. I have no need of anything but Torm's holy will," she says modestly when asked about the equipment. "And I agree that we should get these things identified before going. It seems to me that the blood and screams were meant to be diversion, though it troubles me." She then lays the rope she just bought on the table. "I purchased this yesterday. It seems the best quality we can find here."

Jarval

Explorer
"I've already got a bow, and I fear anything with much of weightier pull that my own would be a little beyond me." Andreas says as Sielwoodan places his longbow on the table. "Still, it looks a fine piece. You should find it most agreeable, Teleri.

"On the note of identifying the remaining items, I think we should attempt to identify that fine new sword of yours, Teleri. It's aura is muddled, and I'll be most interested to find our just what the nature of the enchantment on it is."

kirinke

First Post
ooc: what kind of bow are we talking about? ^)^ hopefully better than the one teleri has now. ^)^

ic:
Hooo boy. How in Sehahin's good name am I going to explain you? she thinks half to herself, half to the sword. Better go for the truth and hope they believe me, she decides finally.

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Chastity turns to Teleri with polite interest. She had forgotten about the sword, but reminded of it now, fixes her attention on them.

Verbatim

Explorer
ooc: Should we assume Drogo has joined us now? I had been holding off on starting to bring up how to pass the items out as he had not yet came down, but I don't know what everyone else wanted us to do.

As Andreas mentioned getting Teleri's sword examined, Ayden nodded his head in approval of that idea. While he would be the first to admit that Finder's gifts allowed him to understand only the most basic aspects of an item's enchantment, he hoped that Mother Grundy's skill would be able to shed more light onto the problem.

However, the choice was her's alone to make, but Ayden doubted that she would not see the benefit of having someone else examine it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads