• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Liberation of Tenh (updated April 24)

incognito

First Post
Assuming we're discounting her help in dismantling the most powerful evil organization in this part of the world?

Bah! That was just for the XP, and the treasure. :D

(contact) - come to the darkside (my email address), and we can discuss....bizzaro liberators! A chaste Heydricus! A evil, libidinous Pris! A Dabus with a personality! (wink, wink, kidding)

I figured she tried to get Jespo into the school to get him out of her hair.

Also its not the quantity of good vs evil. It is the attitude in my opinion. She has done lots of good things and she has been proud of them and willing to use those events to further herself and her interests.

On the other hand her most despicable act she has done nothing over. She seems to show no guilt and her only fear over the event is having someone come looking for her for some revenge. If she showed even a little guilt and tried to look into who this young man was it would be different. She has not though, instead she is trying to hide form the event.

(contact) said:
Assuming we're discounting her help in dismantling the most powerful evil organization in this part of the world?

Probably the most drippingly good thing Pris has done was her relationship with the lantern archons she used to summon in the TOEE2. It was that relationship that wound up getting the assistance of the deva who gave Jespo the celestial Fras.

Most recently, she tried to get Jespo into the Chendl Royal Wizard's Academy out of pity and the kindness of her heart.

She's also generally very loving and protective toward her grandparents, loaning them money to buy the farm next door when the halflings mysteriously turn up dead, that sort of thing.

(pauses) Mmmmm, Evil Pris.

Capellan

Explorer
DocMoriartty said:
On the other hand her most despicable act she has done nothing over. She seems to show no guilt and her only fear over the event is having someone come looking for her for some revenge. If she showed even a little guilt and tried to look into who this young man was it would be different. She has not though, instead she is trying to hide form the event.

Heck, it's not like the LoT don't have the resources to bring the poor fella back, if they needed to!

BNut I'm with incognito (in this thread, anyway :) ). Evil Pris would be sweeeeet. Can we get an evil Anon to go with that? :)

Squire James

First Post
incognito said:

Bah! That was just for the XP, and the treasure. :D

(contact) - come to the darkside (my email address), and we can discuss....bizzaro liberators! A chaste Heydricus! A evil, libidinous Pris! A Dabus with a personality! (wink, wink, kidding)

Hm... a Jespo who gets along perfectly with a Fiendish Chihuahua familiar. If he were in the Realms, he'd be awarded a Terrier of Bane (dog with Beast of Xvim template)!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I have to say that I see Pris actions here as being that of a preoccupied academic. She made a stupid mistake and hasn't really realised that yet, but she's not made a "phil & dixie" style change in her attitudes, eh? People can be stupid and thoughtless without being evil, surely?

Scrying spells take an hour to cast dont they? So this was not an oops 10 second mistake that was not thought out.

This took over an hour in total to do. Plenty of time for even the most self absorbed person to come out of their shell and start looking at the real world. Especially when that person in question spends so much time fighting hideous evil.

Also she wasnt so absent minded not to ask how much she would get paid. ;)

Plane Sailing said:
I have to say that I see Pris actions here as being that of a preoccupied academic. She made a stupid mistake and hasn't really realised that yet, but she's not made a "phil & dixie" style change in her attitudes, eh? People can be stupid and thoughtless without being evil, surely?

Barastrondo

First Post
DocMoriartty said:
Scrying spells take an hour to cast dont they? So this was not an oops 10 second mistake that was not thought out.

This took over an hour in total to do.

Maybe I'm just perverse, but I don't see spell-casting as one of those things that you can do and think about other things at the same time; spending an hour in spellcasting strikes me as a very different thing than an hour-long commute. If your mind starts to roll around anything other than the direct focus of casting the spell, then you're kind of deliberately failing your Concentration check, aren't you?

That's kind of beside the point, though; the half-orc appears after she's completed her scrying. There's no threat of violence until the half-orc shows up, and then it's a distracted thirty seconds, if that, and she's finally free to return to her work and that complicated mental puzzle that she swore she'd finish before lunch. If mages are like most people who do intellectual stuff for a living, I know the mindset well enough to say "yeah, that's plausible."

If I were running the game, I'd make a note of "mercenary non-good thing done" to myself, but I wouldn't call for an immediate alignment change based on that incident alone, unless the character was being played as someone who is regularly more cognizant than, say, Pris.

You can always get the player back in a further update. (cough)

(contact)

Explorer
DocMoriartty said:

Contrary to the rules, I've been allowing scry as a standard action. In fact, I have consistently not noticed any of the durations for the character's spells that require more than a standard action. (So far in the LoT, we've had standard action scry, hallow and phantom steed spells.)

I think Pris is really supposed to be that oblivious. She's a genius at one level, but she's also oblivious and self-absorbed enough not to realize that the bruising half-orc armed to the teeth isn't going to "just have a friendly talk tuh da guy and work stuff out", despite what the Lord says.

But that's all water under the bridge-- does it bother any of you that the Liberators are now throwing in lots with very Lord who used Pris to orchistrate a murder, promising him a share of the profits in exchange for making an expedient political assassination in Wintershiven?

Did I say 'assassination'? Oops, I meant 'regime change'.

Seriously, sometimes the Liberators amaze me. :D

Capellan

Explorer
(contact) said:
But that's all water under the bridge-- does it bother any of you that the Liberators are now throwing in lots with very Lord who used Pris to orchistrate a murder, promising him a share of the profits in exchange for making an expedient political assassination in Wintershiven?

Did I say 'assassination'? Oops, I meant 'regime change'.

Seriously, sometimes the Liberators amaze me. :D

Bing! Idea!

Capellan scurries off to the Plot Thread.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads