The Liberation of Tenh (updated April 24)

Rackhir

Explorer
(contact) said:
As of the end of this update, the fight is not quite over, and the balor is not dead.

Joshua Randall said:
Question: how many times has Lucius successfully assassinated someone? It seems like he always either fails, or the fight ends before he gets to do so.

(contact) said:
Never, as of yet. :)

Hmmm. Does this mean Lucius may yet have a first coming up?...

Last edited:

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Yeah, when (contact) said he was a dumbass, and I read the update, I thought that he might be referring to letting Pris get away with the Dispel Magics... although Break Enchantment will also work against Stone to Flesh, I believe, and has the added benefit of not needing a Fort save afterward...

DM2

First Post
Kid Charlemagne said:
Yeah, when (contact) said he was a dumbass, and I read the update, I thought that he might be referring to letting Pris get away with the Dispel Magics... although Break Enchantment will also work against Stone to Flesh, I believe, and has the added benefit of not needing a Fort save afterward...

I sort of assumed he referred to allowing her any actions at all while petrified, more than which spell she chose to cast once told she could still react.

DM2

(contact)

Explorer
Kid Charlemagne said:
Yeah, when (contact) said he was a dumbass, and I read the update, I thought that he might be referring to letting Pris get away with the Dispel Magics...

YouWin.txt

(contact)

Explorer
DM2 said:
I sort of assumed he referred to allowing her any actions at all while petrified, more than which spell she chose to cast once told she could still react.

DM2
Now this particular instance is DM's fiat-- a case of my nasty imagination at work, rather than my usual poor reading of the rules. I just think it is more profoundly disturbing and scary to be *aware* of being a statue.

Allowing Pris to dispel an instantaneous spell effect was an oversight, and one I did not realize until it was long since too late to do anything about it. C'est la D.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
(contact) said:
Now this particular instance is DM's fiat-- a case of my nasty imagination at work, rather than my usual poor reading of the rules. I just think it is more profoundly disturbing and scary to be *aware* of being a statue.

Allowing Pris to dispel an instantaneous spell effect was an oversight, and one I did not realize until it was long since too late to do anything about it. C'est la D.

Aw, that's alright. Pocket dimensions do weird things to magic, especially with two greater immortals blasting away at each other and a beholder's crazy eye mucking things up. Maybe the beholder peeked a glimpse just as the flesh-to-stone effect hit, weakening the effect somehow.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Anyway, you can make amends by letting the bad guys get away with something improbable.

Nice update, and welcome back.

-z

coyote6

Adventurer
Barastrondo said:
Plus, you can't roll like my players do if you want it to work. (It's gotten so bad we're actually considering a feat that would allow characters to add +4 to their dispel rolls, probably titled "Can Actually Dispel".)

My players don't seem to have that problem. Yesterday, they used several CL 6 and 7 dispels to successfully do away with a number of CL8 and 9 spells (and one CL11 spell, IIRC). Of course, this was balanced out later, by the four or five tries it took to get rid of one of a pair of arcane marks.

(BTW -- thanks, (contact). I stole the "animal companions polymorphed into huge dragons" thing, and it was great fun. Well, for me, anyways. The players seemed awfully anxious . . . :D)

Remove ads