• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Lichway - IC Thread

Dr Simon

Explorer
Pipluk cock his head. "We came by land," he says. "If you cross the bridge at the end of the wharf, you'll find a tunnel. That leads to the badlands above Cahli, and from there you can get back to Stormhaven. It's risky, but since none of us owns a boat..."
At that moment Nissa's shout of alert cuts over the conversation. Pipluk quirks an eyebrow and readies his bow again, his three men all return to a ready stance.

[sblock=OOC]
Initiative order for round one:

Nissa
Javier
Goblinoids
Ren

I'll add in the rest of you in round 2
[/sblock]

Brother Dave

First Post
[sblock=protection]NOTE: If any of the goblins or hobgoblins attack Nissa in melee, Ren will use his reaction to impose disadvantage on their attack.[/sblock]

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Javier grits his teeth, keeps his shield up, and prepares to stab with his short sword.

(Javier readies to attack the first goblin to approach. If they have ranged weapons, he will instead step in and attack. Either way, this is the attack roll. If the goblins come to him, I believe he has sneak attack due to an ally being right beside both him and the goblin.)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The goblin screams in shock as Nissa's flames fall around him, but more from fear that injury it would seem. Javier steps in a skewers the creature with his rapier whilst it is distracted. The remaining three goblins move forwards, leaping across the broken bedsteads, trying to attack one of the opponents each. Ren blocks attacks to the left and right with his shield, confounding both attacks on himself and Nissa. Javier gets too close and is slashed by one of the goblin's scimitars.
The hobgoblins fire arrows over the heads of their smaller comrades, but both shots go wild and hit the wall. Sharing a glances, they drop bows and draw their swords in a fluid movement.

[sblock=OOC]
To save time I've reverted to my usual method of rolling which is to use this site. It doesn't record rolls, but longtime players of mine like Neurotic can tell you that I play fair with it!

So:
Goblin #1 is killed by a combo of Nissa and Javier.
Goblin #2 hits Javier for 7 damage.
Goblin #3 misses Ren
Goblin #4 misses Nissa (disadvantage due to Ren's rpotection)
Hobgoblins both miss.

Next up Ren, then initiative from the rest of you (I've got Mistral) to join in for round 2)
[/sblock]

Brother Dave

First Post
Ren deftly catches the scimitars of the goblins to his right and left on his shield, then with a grunt smashes at the goblin attacking Nissa with his warhammer.

OOC: Warhammer attack vs. goblin: [roll0] for [roll1] bludgeoning damage (if it hits)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The goblin catches Ren's warhammer with its scimitar, but the force of the blow makes it stagger backwards and breaks the struts of one of the bunks.

[sblock=OOC]
Ren's attack misses.

Initiative from everyone yet to roll, please. Nissa up again next for round 2 if no-one beats a 21
[/sblock]

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Javier grunts in pain as the blade slices past his shield and hits a chink in his scale mail, drawing a gush of blood from his side. He brings his shield in front of him, and tries to keep the creatures at bay while his companions take them down. His teeth are gritted on that bit of leather in his mouth; there's no time to chew it now.

(Javier takes the dodge action! Any attacks against him have disadvantage. Also, he's pretty wounded, sitting at 4/11 hit points.)

Remove ads