D&D 5E The Lichway - IC Thread

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mistral sends his glowing pebble through the ajar doors to get a better view of the room beyond. It has a marble floor inlaid with a strange design, plain but smooth walls and a high ceiling at the edge of the light's range. The double doors to either side are unremarkable, both are closed. The corridor ahead leads a short distance at an angle and then comes to another set of double doors. These are slightly ajar, and a figure lies motionless, face down, on the floor in front of them.

The faint sound of whispering wind can still be heard, but Mistral can also hear a thumping coming from behind the double doors to the left [bottom of map]. Sounds like someone trying to break something.

[sblock=OOC]
Lichway Map 3.jpg

Oh, and I think Ethian is unmistakable as a "gentleman" rather than a "lady".
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Thank you, Ethian..." frowns "Erm...couldn't you make me smell like rum? :) Or at least remain neutral? If there is something inside it will smell me out in a breath. And the ladies of the city might miss their manly captain."

Ethian chuckles in a friendly way: "I admit that I may not have the manliest demeanor" he says as he removes his hood and opens his cloak slightly in front " and my elven features may lead to confusion in this environment, but I assure you Captain I am no lady! I believe you have mostly been dealing with my friend Nessa up to now, and I am not one to attract much attention, unless I wish it. Please allow me to introduce myself: Ethian of Istus, Sir or Mister or simply Ethian, as you wish and at your service!" He then mutters a few words and gestures in a similar way as he did moments ago. The smell of lavender and cinnamon is replaced by an ever so slight smell of rhum and clean clothes.
"given the environment we are in, and not knowing how long we will remain, I am certain that your manly scent will return soon enough, and I will be happy to help you with it, if not for your sake, for ours" he adds, obviously joking.

Ethian then proceeds to enter the room that is now illuminated, careful not to attract attention and looking for any additional details.

OCC: [roll0],[roll1]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Blackpearl waves away at the "returning of smell" comment.
"I don't think I like being smelly, there are enough sailors who do, but I find it hard to enjoy good wine if all I can smell is my own odor. But I also don't like smelling like a lady. And sorry for misnomer, I know you are a man, just a slip of the tongue."

OOC: for some reason, I thought it was Nissa

"Now, lets find out whos hammering there, maybe one of the former looters is still alive and is damaging the graveyard!"
With that, he straps his shield on and leads the way into the darkened interior.
[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION]: roll stealth (+5) for me please

Last edited:

sithramir

First Post
Mistral follows Blackpearl in and points to the doors where the noise is coming, "I'd suggest someone looking at those doors closely. I'm sensing this is a trap suddenly." He draws his rapier preparing for the worst.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Mistral follows Blackpearl in and points to the doors where the noise is coming, "I'd suggest someone looking at those doors closely. I'm sensing this is a trap suddenly." He draws his rapier preparing for the worst.

Ethian quietly approaches the doors with his wand drawn, and looks & listens for any additional clues. If nothing comes up, he'll slowly and quietly listen through the doors to get a better idea of what is making the noise.

OCC: here are a few rolls in case they're necessary:
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OCC: not sure what is going on; last try...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Edit: I really don't know what is going on. did the same thing in the IC thread and it worked fine. Please use the rolls there...

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
With Blackpearl and Mistral providing cover, Ethian approaches the doors and listens. The doors must be quite substantial as the sounds are muffled, but it sounds like someone or something hitting something large and wooden. There are indistinct male voices as well, at least two.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Blackpearl walks up to the door and raises his hand as if to knock politely.

He looks back at the party.
"Shall we?"

Remove ads