• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Lichway - IC Thread

Kaodi

Hero
The dwarf snorts. "It just be a wee flask," he replies. "And I think the chest is just fine where it is. Do not want to tire myself out hauling things around now. You know, in case there is anything inside here."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Blackpearl walks up to the door and raises his hand as if to knock politely.

He looks back at the party.
"Shall we?"

Ethian nods at the captain, but signals to wait. "let me peek-in first Captain; be ready to act quickly" he whispers. Ethian crouches and quietly concentrates, moving his wand in a practiced manner. A dark grey sheet matching the color of the ground with two round holes in front of his eyes appears suspended in mid-air. He then proceeds to open the door a bit, trying to see what is inside and remain unnoticed, hidden behind the veil.

OCC: Casting of minor illusion, the crouching is to remain in the area of effect. Not sure if you allow auto disbelieve (and thus being able to see through) on self-created illusions; hence the two peepholes. If Ethian can see through his own minor illusions, there won't be any peep-holes. The point is to have even more cover (likely overkill, I know, but whatever helps, and besides, whoever is inside won't know who's there...)
if required:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I'm pretty sure you should be able to see through your own illusions.

Ethian opens the door. The banging noises are clearer now - sounds pretty much like somebody trying to batter down a door (a noise all adventurers are familiar with).

"Open up ya little ****," you hear a man say.

[sblock=Ethian]
There is a room beyond that looks about the same size as the one you are in, a bit smaller, and the ceiling is a lot lower. There are some old-looking bedframes in here. There is a door over to the right from your viewpoint. Three men are stood in front of it, one holds a torch aloft in one hand and a sword in the other, one stands near him with a shortbow, arrow nocked. The third, the largest of the three, is battering on the door with his mace. All three seem intent on smashing in the door and are paying no attention to the other door to the room, where you are.

Lichway Map 4.jpg
[/sblock]

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Chew, chew.

With the others moving in, Javier stepped through the doorway. He squinted at the doors before he moved to the opposite, where there was no knocking. He braced his shield against the door and leaned in close to listen.

[roll0]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Open up ya little ****," you hear a man say.

[sblock=Ethian]
There is a room beyond that looks about the same size as the one you are in, a bit smaller, and the ceiling is a lot lower. There are some old-looking bedframes in here. There is a door over to the right from your viewpoint. Three men are stood in front of it, one holds a torch aloft in one hand and a sword in the other, one stands near him with a shortbow, arrow nocked. The third, the largest of the three, is battering on the door with his mace. All three seem intent on smashing in the door and are paying no attention to the other door to the room, where you are.

View attachment 65399
[/sblock]

[sblock=DrSimon] Just to confirm, 3 human men?[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: What was the last party with a woman like? (Also, what would be streetwise skill to know who went with her - that is, was there trouble afoot)

Brother Dave

First Post
Ren motions for Nissa to stay behind him as he readies his warhammer. Sounds like somebody got here first. Nissa won't be happy about that. Hope there's no trouble. He watches Ethian intently, waiting for some indication that he might need to step in.

toasterferret

Explorer
Nissa nods to Ren, stepping behind him and quietly drawing her crossbow, just in case.

"It appears that the rumors of others headed this way were true. I don't see anyone who looks like a spellcaster, so I doubt this is Dark Odo's entourage..." she whispers.

Remove ads