D&D 5E The Lichway - IC Thread

Kaodi

Hero
Last into the boat. Last out of the boat. Despite many insincere protestations that dwarves were not meant for seafaring Rurik now appears to be treating the skiff as a last refuge against an unwanted future of toil and hardship. But eventually the dwarf does drag himself out joins the rest of the party. He does not say anything though for the moment. That would just be too much effort for the moment.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Here, lend a hand, Rurik." Blackpearl raises the chest out of the water and fairly dumps it into the dwarfs hands before pulling himself out of the water.
"Good that you remained on the boat, thank you for keeping me safe."

Kaodi

Hero
"Whatever you say, laddie," grunts the dwarf. He sets the chest down on the pier and and disinterestedly looks it over before trying to pry it open. If strength alone does not suffice, he did think to pack a crowbar.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Rurik cracks open the lid of the chest. It isn't locked, and despite an unknown amount of time underwater it still opens, albeit stiffly. The contents are still dry. inside, there is an ornate golden goblet, a plain silver armband, a small stoppered flask and a blue gourd, also stoppered.

Kaodi

Hero
"Oh, if one of these be a stiff drink I'll count that a real treasure," comments Rurik as he carefully unstoppers the two containers in turn in order to take a whiff of the contents.

toasterferret

Explorer
"Thank you Ren, that would be much appreciated."

Turning to Minstral she ponders "Well that would certainly be easier I should think, though if the tomb has been breached before It may be less productive. What do you all think?"

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Chew, chew.

"Trust Rurik to find a drink anywhere," Javier observed, watching the dwarf sniff the flask. "Hey Rurik, anything in there?"

He listened to Nissa and Mistral as they debated which door to open, but if the big man had any wisdom to share, he didn't offer it. Instead he unstrapped his shield from his back and checked over the handles, eyeing the metal critically. He made a note to repair the shield next time he was in town and had spare coin.

Still working the bit of leather between his teeth, he fitted the shield to his arm and squinted at the door, trying to peer through the ajar section.

Chew, chew.

(Edit: Adding the roll on my next post)

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Rurik has, indeed, managed to find something alcoholic. At least, the liquid in the flask smells like strong liquor of some kind, with a slightly fishy overtone. The gourd contains what appears to be fine white sand.

Javier looks through the gap in the "water portal". By the light of Mistral's orb he sees a large hall the other side, with sigils or runes inscribed on the floor. There are closed double doors on either side and a corridor can just be seen leading off on the far side.

[sblock=OOC]
Lichway Map 2.jpg
The brown lines represent the doors.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases