The Lion's 2nd Face[Covaithe judging]

Heckler

First Post
The party travels down the largest tunnel, progressing onward and downward. There is the occasional twist in the passage but it mostly runs strait and true. After about an hour the tunnel levels off and empties into a large room (40'x40'x20'high). Sitting against the far wall is a bored looking efreeti. Noticing your approach he stands and speaks without much enthusiasm:

"Greeting, travelers. How may Hanthar be of assisstance?"

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 7/ranger 2

The party travels down the largest tunnel, progressing onward and downward. There is the occasional twist in the passage but it mostly runs strait and true. After about an hour the tunnel levels off and empties into a large room (40'x40'x20'high). Sitting against the far wall is a bored looking efreeti. Noticing your approach he stands and speaks without much enthusiasm:

"Greeting, travelers. How may Hanthar be of assisstance?"
Charlarn stops short when he sees the elemental. "Um, greetings to you too. I'm Charlarn of Phyrah. What are you doing here?"

SlagMortar

First Post
Well this man of fire is certainly more cordial than the one we met in our other quest, thinks Planus. Not recalling any plan to deal with this second guardian, "Greetings Hanthar, we were hoping to do some trading at the 'renowned' Balsra Darr. Are we on the right track? Out front, there were some lizards of various color, stature, odor, and -pedal-ness that made me think this might be just a hole in the ground, but now it looks like we are on the right track. And, yeah, what are you doing here? Not much, I guess. You look terribly bored."

Heckler

First Post
The efreeti stares at you in thought for a moment before continuing. "Hmmph...well...yes, you are on the right path to Balsra Darr. However, you have not given me the proper greeting, and I am bound to keep you from passing through this chamber. So if you wish to continue to Balsra Darr you will have to defeat me in mortal combat and then find they way to continue."

Hanthar's boredom leaves him, his rising excitement is visible to all.

"However, before we continue, I would like to ask if you might be interested in a deal?

The Rakshasa Vorkash, is currently in control of Balsra Darr. He has something of mine I would very much like returned. It is a trinket, nay, a mere bauble of mine: a figurine carved from a pure ruby. Now, certainly, you could sell it to some fat, wealthy merchant for some coin; but return my figurine to me and I will give you your heart's desire."

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar raises her eyebrows a bit.
"That is an interesting offer to make to traders, isn't it? Perhaps we should discuss it, though?" She looks to her companions to see whether they seem interested to take up the efreeti's deal as she says the latter.

Velmont

First Post
"I would have two questions. What this figurine worth to you, and what would be the price of a failure?" asks Rinaldo.

[SBLOCK]Rinaldo have +17 to sense motive. Do I need to roll for his answer, or you keep the result secret?[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases