The Lion's 2nd Face[Covaithe judging]

Heckler

First Post
"I would have two questions. What this figurine worth to you, and what would be the price of a failure?" asks Rinaldo.

[sblock]Rinaldo have +17 to sense motive. Do I need to roll for his answer, or you keep the result secret?[/sblock]
"What is it worth? It is worth more coin than you can imagine. I can give that to you. Or you priests, your kind are always crusading against some heathens. I can give you the power to destroy armies! Wizard, what mysteries of arcane lore do you seek? I can give you the answers! And ladies, I can help you find your one true love.

What the figurine is worth you will have to tell me, for I will grant you three Wishes.

The price of failure, I imagine, would be death at the hands of Vorkash and his minions."

[sblock=Velmont]I'll roll, to keep things a secret. Just let me know when you would like to make a roll.

You believe the efreeti is being truthful, but he is guessing regarding what he thinks people want.[/sblock]

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 7/ranger 2

Ashnar raises her eyebrows a bit.
"That is an interesting offer to make to traders, isn't it? Perhaps we should discuss it, though?" She looks to her companions to see whether they seem interested to take up the efreeti's deal as she says the latter.
Charlarn replies, "We should. I'm in favor of taking the offer. I don't want another fight if we can avoid it."

Heckler

First Post
Charlarn replies, "We should. I'm in favor of taking the offer. I don't want another fight if we can avoid it."
"Oh, perhaps I haven't been clear. If you wish to continue to Balsra Darr, we will have to fight, deal or no deal. Such are the magics that bind me here.

However, if you recover the ruby figurine in Balsra Darr, return it to me here and I shall reward you."

[sblock=Velmont]Still truthful[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"There will be a combat, either or not we accept your deal." Rinaldo tells. "In that case, it either mean we will die, in which case we can't fill your deal. Or it means we kill you. In which case???" asks Rinaldo, waiting for the Efreet to complete the sentence.

Heckler

First Post
"The funny thing being that technically, no ladies are present."
ooc: He doesn't know that. ;)

(Should I throw in my Sense Motive +8?)
ooc: If you like. Ask, and I shall roll.

"There will be a combat, either or not we accept your deal." Rinaldo tells. "In that case, it either mean we will die, in which case we can't fill your deal. Or it means we kill you. In which case???" asks Rinaldo, waiting for the Efreet to complete the sentence.
"...In which case you will have to find the path to continue, travel to Balsra Darr, conclude whatever business you have there, find the figurine and return it to me here. In the time it takes you to complete that I will have returned here. I will then grant you three wishes."

[sblock=Velmont]You're very sure he's being truthful.[/sblock]

[sblock=KO]I'll go ahead and roll anyway. Everything Hanthar has said so far, you believe.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn does not pose any questions but waits for the efreet to answer Rinaldo. He searches his memory for any suggestions on how them might best the creature in combat.

Heckler

First Post
Tenebrynn does not pose any questions but waits for the efreet to answer Rinaldo. He searches his memory for any suggestions on how them might best the creature in combat.
Kn(Planes) 1d20+11=21
[sblock=Erekose]It occurs to Tenebrynn that because Efreet are creatures of fire, they are especially susceptible to cold-based attacks.[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
(Yeah, I'll toss my Sense Motive in from now on, I may be no Rinaldo, but who is (apart from Rinaldo)? :p
For good measure, my Knowledge (the planes) +14, and regarding the efreeti's bond, my Knowledge (arcana) +18.

I presume the path to continue is not readily apparent to Ashnar?)

Velmont

First Post
"But you are aware if you fight us, you will expend some of our resources, assuming we win without getting killed, and that will inder us if we agree with the deal. So, what prevent you to let us go if we conclude the deal with you?" asks Rinaldo

Remove ads