The Long Journey Home

OOC: Grid didn't appear when I transferred the images over, I've put an example box in each group's map so you can make the characters of a similar size.

Echo: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1Uyvmt5VQ5iXRGPS_b--l8i6WHxpJD_T3ZWyWA3vV9M0/edit?usp=sharing

Sierra: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1_CCN-OEKgNsqjRB6r0OPg1uj95FFB4Uj9xxvSIsSpj4/edit?usp=sharing

Sierra can start at the entrance to the bottom room, or anywhere in the top left room.

Echo can start in the room that isn't covered by fog of war.

'Ghost'

First Post
OOC: We're surrounded correct? How many of them stand between us and the door we used to get in? This is gonna end so well haha.

Don't freeze up on me now soldier, I'm assuming you have a sidearm, draw it. If these things attack then I don't want to be the only one firing back. We need to find a choke point to take away their numerical advantage, I'm thinking the corridor we came down to get here, all we need to do is break through their lines.

Turning back to the aliens he gestures with his weapon motioning downwards...

Lower your weapons, if you open fire we will be forced to defend ourselves....and I'm not in a good mood.

He continues to motion with his weapon the lowering of their's to see what their response is.

OOC: Rolling linguistics, flat pass, spending destiny for 5 degrees of success, taking me to 8 left. While the alien is clearly distressed and it has something to do with the pod/lack of power (probably not self eroding as it does not seem concerned with that.) I'd like to know if I can ascertain anything beyond that. Can we see what is in the pod?

Aleksandra talked to her two squad mates over a closed comm. " Input required, no noted other hostiles, being is seemingly unaware of our presence. J.D this room is powered, can you work out what this room is for? Miha, can you work out why it's not working right? What would either of you advise in dealing with this alien.

She stood there poised and still, hands clasped on her weapon and letting her training keep her from flying into a panic. This was the first time she'd ever been able to observe a seemingly sentient non-human life form in a non combat environment. She realised that this could be true first contact and she didn't want anything to go wrong. She lamented then for a moment that their actions cold determine relations with this species entirely.

If only they had an actual diplomat and actual time.

Ray Ray

First Post
He looked quizzically at ghost, pointing to his rocket launcher.

"Cap'n, this -is- my sidearm."

He turned as the smaller alien approached him, letting it poke as it pleased. He noted the sad tone, and assumed it was something to do with Ghost as he pointed to him next.

"Is the Cap'n making you sad little guy? Hey Ghost, I know I might have steered you wrong with the whole 'this invisible guy doesn't exist' thing, but notice how none of them are threatening me? I'd put the gun down if I were you. Just a suggestion though, you don't have to take orders from this here private, ey?"

Ray_Ray

First Post
"Private Campbell, would you mind giving us a sonic pulse of the area?" Rey asked, linking their suits targeting systems as she hummed, the flash of Paksis dissapating in a moment.

OOC: That's a CL 12 to link Alexander, Myself and Arthur's LOS

'Ghost'

First Post
You don't have a sidearm? What were you planning on doing if you found yourself in trouble whilst investigating this place?
Thinking: Damn it, that launcher will be no use to us at this range, and that leaves it to me to take them out.

He starts to lower his weapon...

And if I lower my weapon private? I doubt they'd be so kind as to let us keep them. That being said....

He looks around at the group of aliens, lowering his weapon further.

What choice do I have, with only one effective combatant.... If even one of them tries to take this weapon from me they'll regret it.

He points the gun towards the ground but refuses to give it up.

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur nodded and sent out another sonic pulse hoping to spot any danger before it crept up on them. He unslung his grenade launcher nad made his own preparations taking position behind his captain and affixing his blast shield to him guessing he would insist on going first, after all having him get blown up would be horribly inconvenient.

OOC: yet again
Perception: 10-8: 2 DOS
Traps: 8-5: 3 DOS
Casting blast shield on Alexander: 15 vs CL14 (cast first time! amergerdners)
I made myself the C and K, despite my best efforts I can't centre the letters, I might adjust myself when everyone's on.

Ray Ray

First Post
"Don't do well with small guns cap'n... Never have. I believe its noted in my files in block capitals. I thought it was protocol for higher ups to read up on that kind of thing, ey? And don't blame me, you're the one that gave me the go ahead for coming in here!"

'Ghost'

First Post
He turns and glares at Ray..

Firstly I'm not you squad captain so I don't have access to classified information about you, secondly I never gave the order to breach a building, I gave you permission to investigate the noise I never gave you permission to breach. Thirdly I took an attack for you, fourthly I didn't kill the man who took everything from me because I knew the shot would hit you as well. And now, you have the nerve to blame me for our current predicament? You've disobeyed my orders, acted of your own volition, and when I come in to get you out of the shitstorm you found yourself in you blame me? You have some nerve private.

OOC: Look back at the post before reaper shown himself, you'll see ghost already took into consideration what his shot would do at that range ^^

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail didn't bother waiting for Alexandra to finish. He approached the capsule putting the rifle on his shoulder and knelt in front of it trying to figure out how to restore power to it.

OOC: Hook it to the suit or something else in the room cos nobody is dying on my watch!
Engineering: 12-6= 6 DOS
Perception : 4-5 = -1 DOS (rolled 1 1 and then a 3. We were all THIS close to dying!)

Remove ads